What's new

Johnston & Murphy Shoes - Any Good?

Looking for a new pair of dress shoes for work,
but I'm not sure if I can get into the AE price range at the moment. Any thoughts on whether Johnston & Murphy makes a decent shoe? Am I better off spending a little more on a pair of Cole Haans? Or do I just need to wait until I can save up for a pair of AEs? Thanks!

I've always had good luck with them. When I was in the shoe business they were right up there with Cole Haan. Not sure if anything has changed in the last 15 years.

I've had around five pairs. If worn multiple times/week they'll last a couple years. Very comfortable. Best in their price range IMO.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I don't notice Cole Haans being a step up, but they are cheaper at their outlets with many at half off.

J & M are good value for your dollar. Their aristocraft line (about $200 or maybe a bit more by now at their outlets) are an excellent value.

I've had 5 pairs over the last 7 years. I have only officially retired 1 pair. These are good quality for the price and if rotated appropriately they should last 4-5 years.

I was a bit mistaken previously when I said they'll only last a couple years. I have a great pair that I've had for a good 6-7 years. I don't wear them all that often but they were just shined up and given new soles and they look brand new.

While I don't own any myself, several co-workers have had them 2-4 years and they all look to be holding up very good.

The guy with the 4 year old ones wears them daily.

Avoid Cole haan especially the Nike air technology. Doesn't last long. J&M I think pretty good for the money, if its in the $200 region try looking at loake. Really good value for money and last really long time.

Top Bottom