What's new

Blade Storage

Just starting down this DE road so don't have a great stash of blades as i'm still exploring brands. What i do have will fit in a couple small zip lock style bags with some saved packets of silica gel thrown in.

Just curious how & where everyone stores their blades? I'm concerned about storing them in the bathroom because of the moisture. I also have two young sons so safety is the other concern

Don't worry. Kids don't get into things. Especially when no one is watching them. Trust me, I've had four of them so far (2000 through 2014), and none of them has ever gotten into anything they shouldn't have.

OK, in reality, there are so many things that can hurt a kid, razor blades are fairly low on my list of concerns. One of our sons cut his fingertip when he decided to pick my wife's spent Venus cartridge out of the wastebasket. It barely drew any blood; they've hurt themselves worse just walking down the driveway.

As for moisture, I figure they're pretty well protected by at least one wrapper, plus a box, plus plastic wrap (do all brands come plastic wrapped?), plus the medicine cabinet door. Even if you store them loose, you've still got the wrapper(s) and door.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
99% of blades produced today are stainless. Even so what little time moisture might be in the bathroom after a shower is not a concern. Your mirror may fog up, but open that drawer with the blades in it and it will be perfectly fine.

You can find something similar to these at Walmart. Look in their arts & crafts section, they are only a few bucks.

$image.jpg
$image.jpg

I picked ul cigar boxes from the tobacco store. 1.00-2.50 depending on size. And as a plus, the cedar wood absords moisture so the inside will stay dry (er not moist?!?).
:)
Thats for my bulk blades. Gonna try the walmart idea for my sampler packs.

Last edited:
I use a plastic storage box with internal dividers to store my blades, then keep that in a drawer in the bathroom. If you look in your local Wallmart, or outdoor type store, you can see several different styles in the fishing/hunting section.

Thanks for the input stoof2010. I'll look into cigar boxes.

Youre verg welcome.
Some brands still come in non paper covered cedar and hinges, so they can last quite some time. But if not, the norm paper covered cedar ones will work for a long time. At least for my bulk boxes.

Been looking for something myself lately. No kids to worry about, but just to have things a little more organized. Been looking for an index card or recipe box for the loose ones. I have a spare small humidor that I'll start keep the bulk ones in.

Youre verg welcome.
Some brands still come in non paper covered cedar and hinges, so they can last quite some time. But if not, the norm paper covered cedar ones will work for a long time. At least for my bulk boxes.

I worked in the cigar industry for a few years just before the end of the boom. I can tell you that boxes are another great way to go, but unless you know someone that works in a store, more then likely, you'll have to pay for the box. The better the quality of the box, the more they'll ask for it. It's a good time of the year to ask for them too, since the stores do a lot of loose sticks for the holiday & will have a lot of empties sitting around. Totally forgot that I have an old 8-5-8 box that I can use for this.

I worked in the cigar industry for a few years just before the end of the boom. I can tell you that boxes are another great way to go, but unless you know someone that works in a store, more then likely, you'll have to pay for the box. The better the quality of the box, the more they'll ask for it. It's a good time of the year to ask for them too, since the stores do a lot of loose sticks for the holiday & will have a lot of empties sitting around. Totally forgot that I have an old 8-5-8 box that I can use for this.

Its getting harder and harder to.find the nice ones with hinges and a latch. I think padron still sells them that way.
I have a dmaller black pearl morado box that has a slide lid which should last longer than my r&j paper covered ones, but im always on the lookout.

Its getting harder and harder to.find the nice ones with hinges and a latch. I think padron still sells them that way.
I have a dmaller black pearl morado box that has a slide lid which should last longer than my r&j paper covered ones, but im always on the lookout.

I'm glad that I saved a couple of the boxes from cigars that I smoked. A couple of Montecristos, and AF's. Wish I had saved some of the Padrons, or Romeo & Julieta Vintage boxes. Gave a lot of them to family.
It depends on what boxes you are looking for....the nicer the box, the harder it was usually to get, since they sold them between $15 to $20 just for the box. Look for brands that are more common (ex. Hoyo de Monterrey Excalibur). One of the problems with Padron (as well as AF)was that the sellers only got them once a month, and only got what Padron was willing to give you. It's one of the ways they control the market for their cigar...but it is one of my favorites.

Been looking for something myself lately. No kids to worry about, but just to have things a little more organized. Been looking for an index card or recipe box for the loose ones. I have a spare small humidor that I'll start keep the bulk ones in.

This is a good idea. I never thought about indexing them like this. Thanks

I was thinking the same thing because of my kids and family my Idea in which i seen a friend of mine do is to find a nice empty Cigar box and make some kind or buy some kind locking system like a small latch and lock would be cool! just an Idea if you do not smoke any local Cigar shop will give or send you a used box for under $5 bucks.

Top Bottom