What's new

Gentlemen Restraint for One Month - December 2014 Edition

Looking for a way to curb your A.D.s? Getting disapproving looks from SWMBO? Running short of space to store your supplies? Running out of bank balance? This is the perfect opportunity for you -

This the Monthly Restraining Order for December 1-31, 2014.

Challenge yourself to go through a complete month of restraint.

RULES

*1. No personal shaving purchases. (Members may purchase shaving related items for others to encourage the hobby/lifestyle. However, members are not allowed to request any form of compensation in return, please use your best judgement. Also, no sampling / testing of those items permitted).
2. Members must have the necessary supplies to last the length of the restraint.
3. GIFT cards cannot be redeemed for shaving items (even if the cards are from previous months)

*EXCEPTIONS

1. Members that have committed themselves and successfully completed the November Restraint will be allowed to restock/treewhale on December 1st ONLY. Rid your system of any AD's in preparation for another month.

2. Members may participate in B&B Group Buys or B&B branded shaving item purchases, because these may be limited items and all support this common ground. They must be advertised on behalf of B&B to qualify. In an effort to stay true to restraint commitments, please limit B&B purchases to one (1) shaving item per month, including contributions to B&B! (All Non-Shaving B&B items are fair game.

Reindeer & Sleigh - Holiday Gift Exchange

This is perfect for those that failed the yearly or quarterly sabbatical that want to curb their ADs. We will welcome those who fail every month and want to give it another shot, even those that fail on the first day of the restraint :thumbup1:

Remember everyone, it is normally harder than it sounds, so keep fighting the urge!
:sneaky2:

Mods:
We humbly request that you all would leave this in the General shaving forum until December 2nd so we can get as many as possible to see this restraint. Thread can then be moved to the Brotherhoods and Clubs.

Copy the list and add your name to the bottom. Also feel free to add MoRO(December) with your number in your signature. Leaders will check in for roll call at some points of the restraint (Guru17, charger, Cosmos Mariner, Kevdogg329, abragus, Ulricus and anyone else that wants to assist with this)

1. Guru17
2. Kevdogg329
3. charger
4. Cosmos Mariner
5. Ulricus
6. abragus

Last edited:
1. Guru17

2. Kevdogg329

3. charger

4. Cosmos Mariner

5. Ulricus

6. abragus

7. Msayani

8. Zed117

You all know I need to be in this :p

1. Guru17

2. Kevdogg329

3. charger

4. Cosmos Mariner

5. Ulricus

6. abragus

7. Msayani

8. Zed117

9. Xserror

Once more into the breach!

After failing the November restraint. I am waiting for the December restraint !!

1. Guru17
2. Kevdogg329
3. charger
4. Cosmos Mariner
5. Ulricus
6. abragus
7. Msayani
8. Zed117
9. Xserror
10. Socialjunk95

Last edited:
1. Guru17
2. Kevdogg329
3. charger
4. Cosmos Mariner
5. Ulricus
6. abragus
7. Msayani
8. Zed117
9. Xserror
10. Socialjunk95
11. Billy Goatee

Glad to be part of the group! Looking forward to hanging out with you guys for my birthday month! Wasn't originally planning on joining in, but I don't think I'll be getting my razor replated if I end up buying a tonneau cover for my truck. Got to leave as much meat on the budget bone as I can with the wife's tuition being due in December also.

Any folks out there that are not sure if they can do it, it's worth a shot. The comraderie in these restraints is great!

1. Guru17
2. Kevdogg329
3. charger
4. Cosmos Mariner
5. Ulricus
6. abragus
7. Msayani
8. Zed117
9. Xserror
10. Socialjunk95
11. Billy Goatee
12. Rory1262

May I have a clarification regarding Christmas, please? (It also happens that my birthday is 12/23.)
I believe my wife and son will probably look to get me shave stuff, but they may not know what to get.
At what point does guidance cross the line into the kind of solicitation that would disqualify you?

If you ask for a specific item, you'll be out. You COULD ask specifically for a B&B brush or other item and be in the clear, though.

May I have a clarification regarding Christmas, please? (It also happens that my birthday is 12/23.)
I believe my wife and son will probably look to get me shave stuff, but they may not know what to get.
At what point does guidance cross the line into the kind of solicitation that would disqualify you?

Ask before Dec 1 and you are good :) That has been the ruling the restraint only applies for the time period it is in. If you give her a list of things in December and she gives them to you on Jan 1, you still complete the Dec restraint as January is a new month. Hope that helps.

1. Guru17
2. Kevdogg329
3. charger
4. Cosmos Mariner
5. Ulricus
6. abragus
7. Msayani
8. Zed117
9. Xserror
10. Socialjunk95
11. Billy Goatee
12. Rory1262
13. aspirin54

Ask before Dec 1 and you are good :) That has been the ruling the restraint only applies for the time period it is in. If you give her a list of things in December and she gives them to you on Jan 1, you still complete the Dec restraint as January is a new month. Hope that helps.

We'll see how it goes. I may just trust in SWMBO's innate good taste. :) Meanwhile, I'm not going to jeopardize the November restraint.

Oh, you guys. My October restraint was a huge success. I am getting to the "No mas" point. I see stocking up, maybe $100 worth before now and New Years. Then I plan to going the 2015 year-long drama of a 365-day restraint. I expect to 3017 a bunch of products in the year and not reorder them in 2016, Then my den will be a lean clean shaving machine.

Oh, you guys. My October restraint was a huge success. I am getting to the "No mas" point. I see stocking up, maybe $100 worth before now and New Years. Then I plan to going the 2015 year-long drama of a 365-day restraint. I expect to 3017 a bunch of products in the year and not reorder them in 2016, Then my den will be a lean clean shaving machine.
Lean Machine, Lean Machine, Lean Machine!!!

$100 is a lot of stuff

Just bought 6 different Soaps From Mama Bears that I have yet to try ( only tried her sandalwood) I will not open them until the restraint starts, something to look forward to!

Haha zed, now you have jumped to soaps? :lol:

Come on guys, I know December will be a difficult month for a restraint, but what's life without a challenge (and fun of course)?

Join up - copy the list and add your name at the end -

1. Guru17
2. Kevdogg329
3. charger
4. Cosmos Mariner
5. Ulricus
6. abragus
7. Msayani
8. Zed117
9. Xserror
10. Socialjunk95
11. Billy Goatee
12. Rory1262
13. aspirin54
14. Squirrel

Haha zed, now you have jumped to soaps? :lol:

Hahaha I already had 12 or so soaps/creams in my shave DEN, now that I am settled in with My NEW's I am content for now, I sold several razors, an old type, a knack a krona. So I splurged on soaps.

I kinda regret selling the krona, so if anyone has one pm me ;)

Seriously though I LOVE my NEW's very happy, so my RAD subsided and my SAD came back a bit since I haven't bought a new soap in over a month haha.

Top Bottom