What's new

Gentlemen Restraint for One Month - December 2014 Edition

I like the idea of this restraint thing, but I'm still far too new to participate. I will be looking forward to January or February to give it a shot. There's just no way in the world I am going to make it through December without acquiring some new products. I have a decent razor and brush that'll hold me over for awhile...it's just all the soaps, creams, and aftershaves that I can't resist! (I'm certain that a yearning for a new and different razor or brush will one day rear its head.)

I feel like I have entered a whole new world that I had no idea existed and I'm still eager to try everything I see or read about. I never even paid a second thought to the shaving aisles in my local stores, now I have a mental inventory of everything available within 25 miles. I guess part of the attraction to everything is the fact I wore a beard for the past decade and I feel like I'm behind in the game! :lol:

By Jan. 1, I should have an acceptable arsenal of product to hold me over for awhile.

I feel like I have entered a whole new world that I had no idea existed and I'm still eager to try everything I see or read about. I never even paid a second thought to the shaving aisles in my local stores, now I have a mental inventory of everything available within 25 miles.

I know the feeling. Whenever i walk into a chemist I'm like "Let's go find the shaving stuff". I yearn for a day where I don't see silly P&G stuff displayed as top merchandise at top prices for an outrageous markup.

I seen a fusion handle with 15 carts today displayed for €19 ($22 I think) with the line "save €15" which by their standards is cheap but it's really still unreasonable.

I know the feeling. Whenever i walk into a chemist I'm like "Let's go find the shaving stuff". I yearn for a day where I don't see silly P&G stuff displayed as top merchandise at top prices for an outrageous markup.

I'm afraid those days are long past. 99% of all the stuff I see in the shops is crap.

I'm afraid those days are long past. 99% of all the stuff I see in the shops is crap.

People can make their own crap from both ends of their digestive system but they'll always insist on buying someone else's if the price is right :lol:. Or wrong in this case but it won't stop them.

I get most of my gear and supplies from Shaving.ie where you are in Dublin, or Connaught's in Suffolk. They have the best prices anywhere in the world, as far as I've seen. And we in the US don't have to pay the VAT! :001_smile

First restraint ever. Kinda nervous as I'm in the process of restoring two straights right now. One for me and one for my bro in law. But LETS DO THIS! I'm in. What exactly is MoRO btw?

1. Guru17
2. Kevdogg329
3. charger
4. Cosmos Mariner
5. Ulricus
6. abragus
7. Msayani
8. Zed117
9. Xserror
10. Socialjunk95
11. Billy Goatee
12. Rory1262
13. aspirin54
14. Squirrel
15. wjosephsimmons
16. NavyShave
17. Gig103
18. Anigai
19. Lucabrassi
20. George86
21. tclobaugh
22. sliwolf
23. igasho
24. countrydirt
25. jKyro

Another question if I may, the rules state I can purchase for other people, so if I purchased another razor as a restoration for someone else I'm in the clear still right?

Another question if I may, the rules state I can purchase for other people, so if I purchased another razor as a restoration for someone else I'm in the clear still right?

Yeah, if it's for someone else, sure. As long as you don't ask for any compensation for it, you're good. I think "MoRO" stands for "Monthly Restraint (October)" (but I'm guessing).

1. Guru17
2. Kevdogg329
3. charger
4. Cosmos Mariner
5. Ulricus
6. abragus
7. Msayani
8. Zed117
9. Xserror
10. Socialjunk95
11. Billy Goatee
12. Rory1262
13. aspirin54
14. Squirrel
15. wjosephsimmons
16. NavyShave
17. Gig103
18. Anigai
19. Lucabrassi
20. George86
21. tclobaugh
22. sliwolf
23. igasho
24. countrydirt
25. Azpatriot66
26. jKyro

Welcome aboard guys.

I'm currently in the November MoRO, but I think I'll pass on December and restock a bit and then do a quarterly GRU starting next year.

Top Bottom