What's new

Ever Stabbed Yourself With A Fountain Pen?

I have. A few days after I'd gotten my Waterman Hemisphere Moonlight, I was playing around with it, writing on different things. I reached over to get a piece of paper off the computer desk (note, I wasn't properly sitting at the desk, I was sort of reclining and writing on things held in my lap). I'm not really sure what happened, but I lost my grip on what I was reaching for and it fell, so I reached with my left hand which was holding the pen at the moment and somehow, the pen flipped out of my hand. I snatched at it with both hands and ended up driving the nib into my right palm with my left hand. And it went pretty deep.

Those nibs are surprisingly sharp. I was afraid, due to similar posts on other web sites, that I'd given myself a blue dot tattoo, because the wound had blue ink and a lot of blood.

Well, there was no permanent blue mark, as I feared. It finished healing sometime in the last several days, and there isn't a mark other than possibly a scar.

Anyone else done anything similar?

Pilot VP with a fine nib... Went to close it, put it down for something, picked it back up and went to click it. Had a blue mark in the middle of my thumb for a few months after the skin closed up.

Ive never stabbed myself or anyone yet lol, I bet with as crowded as DC was it happens a few times there to people though lmao,... I wish I had seen that

Yes, I did. And I was afraid that it would get infected. But it looks like the mold killers in the ink still did their job :wink2:

Amazingly, as far as I can tell, the nib is fine. Actually it's medium, ;-) but it looks as good as new. I am, however, trying to locate a fine nib for my pen.

Actually, now that you mention it, I did forget a detail. When I realized what I'd done, I yanked my hands apart and the pen went nib-first into the hardwood floor. I'm surprised it wasn't damaged.

Last edited:
Top Bottom