What's new

New Boots Now Required. Suggestions Guys?

If you mean the flat soled ones, I ALWAYS wore them when I was hanging iron. You don't want to be in the air on a narrow I-beam and have your heel drop off the side of it. Really messes with your balance.

Now it all makes sense. Whites boots had flat soled boots for ironworkers and now I've learned something new today :thumbup1:.

Thanks man.

Now it all makes sense. Whites boots had flat soled boots for ironworkers and now I've learned something new today :thumbup1:.

Thanks man.
I still wear them, but now I am on concrete and metal all day. The wedge sole is softer like a sneaker sole. Since I have back and knee issues (go figure) they are a bit easier on me than a heeled boot.

Word of mouth will never be replaced as an advertising method even if it isn't direct advertizing it still does the job and I usually would be on that wavelength as well. My problem with word of mouth is that I tend to prefer to rely on it from the older generations who can actually attest to a product's reliability but unfortunately I then search for whatever that was to find it's now discontinued :mad3:.
Always a shame though.

My relatives in Canada are the older generation and I've never come across harder working people, and I mean that with no bias. My Uncle is 83 and is still repairing agricultural machinery. My cousin travels around doing shuttering. They both wear Goodhue's all the time, so I knew I needed something like that and they were totally right.
It's really down to trust and unfortunately time has taught me to be sceptical. I am very perceptive though and can recognise when the real expert speaks, and to listen to them.
I'm sure it happens the world over but on UK TV, the is a programme called Property Ladder. It's well known for the fact that nobody listens to the programme's presenter, Sarah Beeny (google her [emoji12]), a real expert in the field.
I know too many people that do that and while it's totally personal choice, what I do works for me.

Thanks man.

Actually the Whites boots have soles like those Goodhue's. More for forestry work and woodlands firefighting work. Hence the model name "smoke jumper"

Those Goodhue's look awesome though. I might have to look into them.

I wear boots at work everyday. Work boots. Blue collar job. I've tried Red Wings, Wolverine, Georgia, Timberland and Doc Martens. The Docs are BY FAR the most comfortable. If purchasing new, I'd definitely go with Docs.

These are the boots I am currently wearing. http://www.lapolicegear.com/nb-991mbk-tab-boot.html . Don't let the price tag fool you. My previous pairs of 5.11 were not nearly as comfortable and did not hold up even close to these. That said these take a pretty good bit to break in, but once they do they are extremely comfortable. I have ran in them and have done normal police duties without any damage to the shoes yet. They will polish to an extremely glossy shine if your good at spit shining. I have had friends that policed in the Rocky paratroopers that you posted and they are very nice shoes and they shine pretty easy. That being said I cant speak for how the wear because I have never worn them. Good luck in deciding the boots you will get.

These are the boots I am currently wearing. http://www.lapolicegear.com/nb-991mbk-tab-boot.html . Don't let the price tag fool you. My previous pairs of 5.11 were not nearly as comfortable and did not hold up even close to these. That said these take a pretty good bit to break in, but once they do they are extremely comfortable. I have ran in them and have done normal police duties without any damage to the shoes yet. They will polish to an extremely glossy shine if your good at spit shining. I have had friends that policed in the Rocky paratroopers that you posted and they are very nice shoes and they shine pretty easy. That being said I cant speak for how the wear because I have never worn them. Good luck in deciding the boots you will get.

Maybe you can tell me if there's a law preventing me from buying 2 pairs of boots :lol:. I'm very curious to see what the shipping they would want to send them over here to Ireland, I have a feeling it's gonna exceed $100 or something now :bored:

$90 including shipping. I'll have to think about that one. Shipping is much lower on the Rockys.

There are so many choices out there. First you have to decide what yo want....something more dressy (Viberg, Alden, Tricker) or something more like a work boot (Whites, Wolverine, Red Wing) .
I prefer more of the work boot type and chose Whites Boots. They are out of Spokane WA and have a lifetime warranty. The company is over 90 years old and cater to the Forestry and Firefighting industry. I've got 4 pair and love them. Just took delivery of these yesterday.

I'm liking these....which model are they?

Thank you. These are 6" Bounty Hunters on the 461 last. Great boots, very minimal break in. I wore them a couple of days last week, got some Bison Semi-dress on today.

Break in doesn't really bother me. It is a pain in the posterior alright but it just helps make me appreciate them once it's done all the more.

Ok guys I settled on a boot and bought them today. I was in town and went to my favorite military supply shop just to see what they had. I had taken to looking at a pair of 5.11 boots that were advertized as reduced and I thought they were good enough to buy on the spot.

These are them on the 5.11 website
http://www.511tactical.com/speed-20-8-wside-zip.html

They feel like the type to take a while to break in but as long as they perform I don't mind that. I know the guy in the shop that sold me them and he's very good at customer relations so if I have any problem in the 1st year or so I can just bring them back and he's cool with that. I wouldn't have been able to do that with the ones I order online.

Ok guys those 5.11's where decent but they were just too big for me so I had no choice but to bring them back. The guy who owns that shop is a pretty cool guy even if he can be a little annoying.

I traded them in for some slightly unknown brand called Grisport. Apparently they're Italian made and have one of the largest boot factories in Europe.

Heres the boot on their webpage that I got my hands on and it seems like the type of boot that will provide many many many years of service if cared for properly.
http://www.grisport.co.uk/acatalog/combat-gri-sports.html

Those terribly ugly laces were gone and replaced very quickly I assure you.

Nice boot. Their laces are terrible anyhow. They'll break just looking at them. Let me know how they wear.

Nice boot. Their laces are terrible anyhow. They'll break just looking at them. Let me know how they wear.

Will do, the sole seems pretty soft on them but I have a pair of Goodyear Steel Toes that I've been wearing more lately and I've been using them for almost a year and only now are they showing signs of wear.

If you ask Gene Simmons, I am sure he would let you borrow his. 👍😄

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1416709791779.JPG
    $uploadfromtaptalk1416709791779.JPG
    14.2 KB · Views: 33
  • $uploadfromtaptalk1416709800738.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1416709800738.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 33
Top Bottom