What's new

Looking for a good Eucalyptus soap - maybe.

Hay good people. I'm fairly new to the soaps and have really only used 4 different ones. I head and face shave early every morning (4:30 am). Long story short - the wife is into essential oils and told me to find a soap with a strong eucalyptus smell and it would aid me in waking up in the mornings. First, any ideas as to a good, strong smelling eucalyptus soap? Second, if you've used it, did it seem to have any effect on helping you get going in the morning? If not, any soaps that did seem to help you wake up? Thanks. Happy shaving.

L.A. Shaving Soaps - Vanilla/Eucalyptus/Mint no menthol and smells like double mint bubble gun.
Proraso - Green this has menthol as well and smells medicinal
D.R. Harris - Eucalpytus shave cream this a more luxurious Proraso. It has menthol too but the scent is not as strong as Proraso
Razorock - S. Maria shave cream no menthol and has natural eucalyptus scent

You can't go wrong with any of these. They all lather easily. I find myself reaching for the LA Shaving Soap and D.R. Harris the most. You can also use the Proraso Pre Shave Cream and Aftershave with any soap. Those two products will help wake you up for sure.

I am not a fan of Eucalyptus in my shaving products, but have had some in the past. S.Maria by RazoRock is an excellent performer and moderately scented, though more of a cream, and the 888 from the same company is also worth a look, though the scent is a bit weeker than the aforementioned. Omega and Proraso Green are both fairly strongly scented and also have menthol which can also be en eye opener.

Mike's has a Eucalyptus one as well that I think has lavender in it.

I personally don't care for the Eucalyptus but I do enjoy a good menthol face freeze soap, especially in the summer time.

There are a lot of menthol soaps that'll wake you up like:

--Really strong menthol (face freezing soaps where your brush will feel like ice)--
Stirling Glacial
Yeti Snot
QCS Vostok

--a nice refreshing chill--
Stirling Cool
Stirling MITA
Stirling Orange Chill
Proraso Green
C.O Bigelow Shave Cream

--mild chill--
RazoRock One X
Catie's Bubbles Sunrise
I Colonalli

There are many more but this is a good start. I'd recommend going to your local Bath & Body Works store and picking up a tube of the C.O. Bigelow cream (made by Proraso and the same as the Proraso Green) for about five bucks to see if you like it. If you find you enjoy the menthol cream then look into some of the other menthol soaps and aftershaves.

Mike's has the following (from his website):

Lavandin & Eucalyptus (EO) - A subtle scent similar to lavender, but with a slightly more camphorous, slightly less floral quality. More invigorating than calming/soothing.

Lemongrass & Eucalyptus (EO) - Dry, lemony, and invigorating.

I have used the Lemongrass and Eucalyptus body soap. Pretty strong scent.

Top Bottom