What's new

Is a nice fusion handle absurd?

So I use carts on days where my mornings are super busy, and on my upper lip until I learn my angles and get BBS there (got to stay kissable).

I ordered a Plission handle and although it's a looker, its a bit too long to use naturally, and I will not be using carts once my supply runs out (I've got a few years worth of carts). Plus it was $16-$50 depending on how you value the package it came in.

I think I'm just getting caught up in aesthetics, but even that's silly as it's still got the same upper 1/4 as a normal fusion handle.

I should ditch this right? Kinda silly to spend so much.

I never shaved with a modern cartridge razor, so I may be biased. But I would never spend money on a nice Fusion handle. If I would want an upgraded cartridge razor handle, it would be for the original Trac (twin blade fixed) cartridges. Much lower cost per cartridge, and probably also a better shave experience.

To me a nice handle for a Fusion is as pointless as an expensive ballpoint, it may look pretty but underneath you're writing with a £5 refill. Still, some people like them, and if you like your handle it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.

Meh. If you like the way the nicer handles look and you're fine with using cartridges, then go for it. These forums are mostly geared toward traditional wet shaving, but we shouldn't discriminate against those who use carts. The nicer handles sure do improve the appearnce of those razors and if I weren't planning on usurping my small supply of carts, I'd have one. I still use my Fusion like you do, on days I'm running behind or am in a hurry. But, just yesterday I decided that instead of a cartridge, I'm going to use a Bic disposable (single blade). I'll use the cartridges until they've run out of use then will ditch the whole thing. Onwards, when I'm in a hurry or running late, I'll use a single bladed Bic disposable. No harm, no foul.

I don't think it's absurd at all. If you are going to use up the rest of your "few years worth" of cartridges then you might as well get a handle that you like to use.

No, I don't think it's absurd at all. If you like using Fusion carts, then why not get a nice handle?

$16-$50 doesn't seem absurd. I've seen some handles as much as $200. Here you'll find a bunch of guys spending a fortune on shaving even though many of us switched to traditional wet shaving to save money (yeah, right). Who are we to judge? If you like it, buy it and enjoy it!

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
Here's the question: will the handle bring you enough joy over the two years to justify the cost for you. My impression is the answer is yes. If you're going to look at it each time and think, "damn, that's a nice looking handle" then you'd be crazy to not buy it.

I'm assuming this is not your kid's lunch money.

Absurd? No. Contradictory to the claim of cartridge shaving being absurdly priced and adding more cost to the absurdity? Yes.

No more carts for me. I don't care about the handles because they wont improve your shave at all. It's the cart that causes the ingrown hairs etc. I never have looked back to my Fusion since my first shave with a DE razor.

I do own a Trac II razor which my dad bought for me 10 years ago. I shaved only twice with it, I'm considering to give it a try.

It is your money. Go ahead. In addition, it would be a nice thing to bring along on any travel trips where you can/must use a cartridge due to carry-on limitations.

If you use the Fusion, and like it, there no reason not to get a nice fancy handle for it. That would help spruce up your den.

If we as men start doing and buying things because they are 'pretty', and not for functional purposes, then we are essentially women.

Carts are no longer my cuppa tea, thank you kindly. But...if you enjoy the face prep, the whipping up the lather, the sound of your whiskers yielding to the blade(s) and the post shave routine, who cares what kind of hardware is used. If a nice looking Fusion handle makes your shaving enjoyable, go for it. Based upon what I've learned about shaving here on this site over the last ten months, I could make a Bic single blade disposable work for me every morning.

Top Bottom