What's new

SUCCESS! First DE Shave Thanks to Badger&Blade and my little friend Edwin

Well taking the results from a previous post I used the consensus choices and had myself what I think was an excellent first DE Shave.

-Loaded up Astra SP Blade into new EJ89
-Shower with Speick bar soap while soaking the Escali brush in a ceramic soup bowl
-Apply Proraso green tea & oatmeal pre-shave
-Whipped up my first cream TOBS Grapefruit
-Rinsed the Proraso and worked in the lather
-Did a 4 pass shave 2-WTG 1-XTG 1-ATG
-Caught one little weeper on the ATG on the lip..very small did not even feel it.
-Rinsed and Alum blocked face
-Thayers Witch Hazel applied
-Cleaned up gear while witch hazel dried
-Applied Speick A/S which really felt great.
-Total time 48 comfortable minutes.

Ended up with as close to a baby's butt shave I think I could have gotten. I went very very slow and paid extra attention not to put pressure on the blade and just let the weight of the razor carry the shave.

My skin now 20 minutes later feels a little dry but I will apply vanicream at bedtime.

The razor performed excellent, the soap was easy to lather and the blade seemed like a good fit for my skin.

The only negatives I can see is I am going to need a better brush..while it preformed I think well for a 12.00 brush I felt a bit underwhelmed, on top of that I am going to need a lather bowl or scuttle as this double handled 6" diameter soup bowl is way to unwieldy.

Thanks to all the pro's who gave me ideas and all those who have posted in the past for really making this much smoother than I ever thought it could be.

Now to repeat this daily :thumbup1:

Congrats on a successful 1st DE shave. It always brings a smile to my face when I hear this. FYI... place your witch hazel in the fridge. It gives an added "boost" to your post shave routine. You will thank me later.:thumbup:

WARHAWK

Congrats. That was a really nice set up for today . You will be a pro in no time . Congratulations on only one weeper too.

Congrats! I use DE89 daily as well, Check out captains choice lather bowl, perfect lather in about 45 seconds

Thanks all, the trick is as you all well know is being able to rinse and repeat daily; hopefully I can do that.

Top Bottom