What's new

FINALLY. The shave has arrived!

After about a month of working on my technique and everything else. I got the best shave yet. No cuts, irritation or anything! I had a smile for ear to ear. I finally had to keep reminding my shelf that my neck doesn't need to be bbs just shaved enough to move on. As mantic59 says It's about beard reduction.

my weapon of choice is the same as mantic59. love my progress's. what has been your weapon of choice lately? btw, congrats on the great shaves.

Congrats. It took me about 3-4 weeks also to develop reliable, repeatable, consistent technique for mostly BBS with some DFS on neck areas.

ah, yes great shavers those edwin jaggers are. ive always struggled with my sensitive skin and ever since getting a hold of the progress its really helped me out in shaving my sensitive areas. i can use a lower setting for my neck, and even lower for my upper lip. with just a fraction of a turn one way or another on the progress's knob the blade gap is changing, and even though it may be thousandths of an inch, you can feel the difference of the way the blade feels against your skin. once i found that sweet spot, i, just like you had a huge smile on my face.

Congratulations! It's is a fantastic feeling and you should give yourself a huge pat on the back for doing everything to bring you to this stage. I reached the stage a couple of months ago and now I always get a BBS shave with absolutely no weeping or irritation. I put it completely down to the people on these forums and my willingness to find out everything I could, to change my ways.

Shave long and prosper!

Congrats. It took me about 3-4 weeks also to develop reliable, repeatable, consistent technique for mostly BBS with some DFS on neck areas.
+1

You know there is always room for improvement. I started with Astra SP's + Proraso Cream and Preshave Oil. I thought "oh man this is the best shave so far". Later I discovered Permasharp razors now I think man these blades are waaaaay better then the Astra's they give me the best shave! Now I get a full BBS even on my neck but I think there are products that will blow me away after I try them. You see thats the reason why many of us keep buying stuff over and over :thumbup1:

Congrats! I'm a few weeks in and now doing things differently than when I first started. oddly it started smoothly, then got irritation on the neck, now over that and now hopefully working my way up to the perfect shave!

Please share your experiences and learning, it would be greatly appreciated.

I'm right there with ya. After nearly 3 weeks at this, I got the best shave ever last night.

Merkur 34C with a Gillette Silver-Blue

Top Bottom