What's new

Shaving Stick inquiry

Question for those who grate soaps to make their own sticks... While packing into the container, do you add any water to help the shavings stick together? If so, how long do you wait before using the stick.

Almost never. I added a few drops of water with AOS tallow which is very hard. I also do not bother to grate. I chunk the soap with a kitchen knife.

Hi all,

Might anyone have any pictures of the finished product of putting shaving soap in a Twist Up Stick Container? Perhaps it might be possible for me to try to make one.

Best,
John

Speick:

$image.jpg

MWF:

$image.jpg

Mike's Orange (same twist up, just white)

$image.jpg

I wanted to revisit this old thread that I started some time ago. Here is a picture of my self-made 2 oz. shave sticks, and a 1 oz. container of aftershave balm. They are all Soap Commander Respect scent

$1.jpg

LEA stick doesn't seem to get mentioned.

The new tallow, glycerine, lanolin formula is just awesome and the scent is fairly manly and not overpowering.

Arko is all you need. It smells strongly of barber shops - Turkish ones. It lathers. It is cheap. It works.
Search Youtube for the video that shows Arko used with the $2 push-up plastic stick containers.

Top Bottom