What's new

Restore 2.0

After a successful go at restoring my first vintage brush, I'm feeling like this could get to be yet another acquisition problem. So here's my next two follow up efforts:

$IMG_4097.jpg$IMG_4098.jpg$IMG_4099.jpg

The one on the left is an Erskine B1250. The original knot was actually in pretty decent shape, but proved to be really floppy, so off it went. I replaced it with a TGN 20MM Finest F2 set at 53 MM. My first experience with the TGN F2; it's a nice knot. Soft tips with a little less backbone than the standard finest. In hindsight, it probably should have been set a bit lower, but it's still a nice brush, especially with creams. The one on the right is an Ever Ready 100 with the semi-bee hive handle base. I'm not a huge fan of the hollow ERs, but I'll have to say I find this one pretty cool. I set it with a TGN finest 20mm at 50mm, and that seems just about perfect. Lots of backbone, good flow through and soft tips with just a bit of scritch. I'm really enjoying it.

Thanks to all of the generous folks on this site for your advice that helped make this venture a success. On the other hand, this all your fault :001_smile.

Have fun.

Last edited:
I love the restored ER 100! I did one of those, too, and regret letting it go. I would use it exclusively if I still had it.

22 mm TGN Finest

I love the restored ER 100! I did one of those, too, and regret letting it go. I would use it exclusively if I still had it.

22 mm TGN Finest

Wow, that looks sweet. I am definitely enjoying mine; it's in the queue for tomorrow. Sorry to hear you had to part with yours, but you should keep your eyes peeled. Mine was a random find. So, you never know, one fine day ...

Have fun.

Top Bottom