What's new

Timex as Budget Biz Casual Watch - Faux Pas? Skip it & save up.

I see nothing wrong with Timex. They make a decent/dependable watch. If you're happy with it, "keep on ticking". If you're in the market to step it up slightly, Seiko and Citizen are both affordable upgrades that should be within reach. They both have a lot of great looking watches to offer for decent prices. If you want to go a few steps further, look into Bulova with the Precisionist movement or a Tissot. Everything after that is super luxurious and the sky is the limit.

I'm a bit of a watch freak, so I tend to notice watches. The last financial planner I met with was wearing a Timex Ironman digital watch. I didn't think that meant anything about his appearance other than, perhaps, practicality.

I'm a planner and I wear a simple Timex with black dial and white numbers. Not sure of the model. No need to overspend. Just go simple and tasteful.

My go-to watch used to be a $250 Seiko. I probably got almost as many compliments on it as my Rolex Sub (when you get a Rolex, the conversation is just different...it become more about "is that a rolex?" "is it real?" etc...as opposed to the watches characteristics.
Whatever you get, just pick one that "speaks" to you.
The Seiko in question:

Last edited:
I would get this Timex. They are great solid watches.

I purchased this Timex about 3-4 years ago, the strap is a bit thick, but once broken in its very comfortable. I still haven't had to change the battery and the time is dead on. I think I paid $49 for it but that was an impulse buy at a mall in Dallas, I'm sure it can be found cheaper. The Indiglo feature is really nice, I thought it was gimmicky at first but I miss it when wearing my other watches.

If you like it go for it! It is a watch. It keeps time. That is its function to keep time...period.

I wear an inexpensive Casio solar watch. Never have to touch it except to change time 2 times a year. It has lasted me 5 years so far and cost $20. If it breaks I will throw it out and get another.

I think a timex with a nice strap is fine. I have a $25 casio that I put a nice leather strap on and it looks great.

Ironic how things work out. I really thought I'd get in to watches. Bought a few for myself for Christmas to try out (Amazon's return policy is dangerous!). Realized I'm better off without - makes my wrist start to act up and get sore. And years as a mechanic just got me too used to not having anything on (even took a while to get used to wearing my wedding band again). Not to mention, I'm always not more than 3 feet from line of sight on some form of timepiece (wall clock, phone, desk phone, computer screen, etc).

So, thank you for all the input! But, Timex trials are going back to Amazon, NATO straps will either get returned or sold on BST. Parnis dress watch is on BST (or will be once the maintenance issues are sorted out.)

Man, i'm really liking all these Timex watches posted.

I was at kohls two weeks ago and i didn't see any of those. The indiglo is a really nice feature.

My wife got me this Bulova for Christmas from Kohls.

proxy.php

she also got me a fossil, but i can't find a pic of it online.

looks similar to this one:

proxy.php

Top Bottom