What's new

I think he took Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap too seriously.

Phil Rudd, drummer for AC/DC (I think he did the drumming on most of their classic songs), has been charged in New Zealand with some sort of murder-for-hire scenario. And possession of meth.

Even at 60 years of age, apparently the rock and roll lifestyle will catch up to you. I just wonder if it was gonna be neckties, contracts, or... HIIIIGH VOLTAGE!!!!!!!!

What a nut job. Why are rock drummers always fulfilling the stereotype?

His drumming has always been solid...an incredible foundation for the AC/DC sound.

Unfortunately for him, he's easily replaced by a myriad of talented drummers, and the show goes on.

They are meant to go on tour, this may disrupt that.

The article that I read made it sound like he wasn't going to be part of the tour prior to this development, at least that's how I understood it. Who knows? One of the all time best hard rock bands, if listening to AC/DC doesn't get your blood pumping, nothing will.

They are meant to go on tour, this may disrupt that.
"Following reports of its drummer's arrest in New Zealand on charges of arranging two killings, the band AC/DC said Phil Rudd's arrest would not affect the release of its upcoming album or tour. "We've only become aware of Phil's arrest as the news was breaking. We have no further comment. Phil’s absence will not affect the release of our new album 'Rock or Bust' and upcoming tour next year," the statement said."

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/music/posts/la-et-ms-phil-rudd-arrest-acdc-20141106-story.html

Back in my younger days in the Corps, I moonlighted as roadie/security for some rock bands.

The stories are true. Some I participated in, some I witnessed.

But as any decent roadie will tell you...I will die before I confess my sins or write that biography.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Back in my younger days in the Corps, I moonlighted as roadie/security for some rock bands.

But as any decent roadie will tell you...I will die before I confess my sins or write that biography.

You have more classs than Richard Cole.

What happens on the road stays on the road was our motto.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Last week AC/DC drummer Phil Rudd escaped jail and instead has been sentenced to eight months' home detention for threatening to kill and drug charges.

I wonder if he has been playing this at all?

Last edited by a moderator:
So, if you are the aging drummer in a rock band, you can attempt to hire an assassin to murder one of your drug dealers, and your punishment will be to spend eight months in your house cooking meth.

Sounds like celebrity worship may have warped the justice system in places besides the US as well.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
So, if you are the aging drummer in a rock band, you can attempt to hire an assassin to murder one of your drug dealers, and your punishment will be to spend eight months in your house cooking meth.

Sounds like celebrity worship may have warped the justice system in places besides the US as well.

That is posible and jail times are a lot less here.
8 months home detention in his mansion........ It's a slap over the wrist with a wet bus ticket for sure.
I guess the only other thing is he now has a conviction, that would stop him traveling overseas, so even if they would have him back (can't see that myself) he could never tour.

$784975.jpg

Top Bottom