What's new

SCS New Spice Arriving Tomorrow

My order of SCS New Spice is due to arrive tomorrow. I've never tried SCS soaps before, and I'm looking forward to it. This soap really seems to fly under the radar.

SCS soaps are top notch, but would love to hear your thoughts on the scent when it arrives. I have been curious about this one but never pulled the trigger.

I am currently using SCS pumpkin right now and I love it. Performance-wise it is as good as anything I've tried including Tabac and RazoRock, IMHO. SCS might be my new go-to soap.
I have a puck of New Spice that I bought to be a gift. I can't really describe the scent, but I like it. Just as a frame of reference for my tastes, I like Tabac, but not Arko, and I think RazoRick XXX is over-rated, strictly speaking about scent and nothing else for those soaps.

It's at the post office and should be delivered today. I'll report on the scent once it arrives. Somewhere, I had seen a description of the actual scent components, but I can't find it anymore. I'll know in a few hours just how it smells.

I have almost completed an order from SCS a few times recently (always including a puck of new spice), but I honestly have too many soaps. Even after my purging of soaps I don't care for. Curious to hear what it smells like as well. I have used SCS pipe tobacco before and agree it is a good soap.

I don't have a large soap selection right now. My den has a couple tubs of Proraso Green, a tube of the old formula Proraso, and some Palmolive menthol. That's about it. I really like Proraso, and I've been thinking of using it exclusively just because it performs so well for me, but I would like something non-menthol for the winter. Hence, I ordered some SCS.

New Spice is very sweet. Smells like candy. Specifically like caramel. It's quite a pleasant scent.

SCS soaps lather beautifully. Take the time to build the lather carefully, and get the water just right, and you will end up with a rich, unctuous lather that provides a really good shave.

Looking forward to your report.

Well, it just arrived along with a sample of Pumpkin. I can't describe the scent except to say that it's really nice. I don't get a caramel scent, I get more of a sweet spicy scent.

I just gave it a test lather. It lathers very well, and I'm looking forward to tomorrow's shave with it. The puck is much smaller than the container. It's also quite soft, so I mashed it down to fit the container. The scent is much more modern than Old Spice or Tabac, and it reminds me of Klar Seifen a little.

I'm just about finished with a tin of New Spice that I have been 3017ing. It's really great stuff for both scent and performance. About 10-15 seconds of loading should be enough.

New spice was too sweet for me but SCS soaps are fantastic. Currently enjoying a puck of the Old Spice type.

Top Bottom