What's new

Speick-o-rama

When I fell out Nov. 1 after the October Gentlemanly Restraint, I went nuts, of course. Giant bottle of Coral Skin Food, lots of Speick stuff, new blades.

And I had the best shave of my life tonight.

I'm retired, with (re)tired skin, so I take my time with prep, etc. Hot shower with Speick bath soap. Amazing aroma, which fills my apartment right now with its scent. This is the original Speick product, 85+ years ago. Distinctive, slightly medicinal but really pleasant aroma, great performance. The unusual smell is due to, I guess, the inclusion in this original formula of a wild valerian plant extract, the plant being called "Speick." The firm was founded by an anthroposophist, a follower of the gently wacky Rudolph Steiner. This guarantees the purity and naturalness of the products.

The shaving cream came next. I bowl lather, but I can feel a lot when I slap the lather on with my brush. Fabulous performer, very thick and slick. The aroma was a little different than the soap, but still with the Speick herb background.

Alum, then a splash of Speick aftershave. Really soothing, quite mild, no bite at all, smells great, again a little different, again with that gentle Speick herbal base.

Two careful passes, and my usual clean-up was hardly needed. A little Trumper Coral Skin Food. Now my face feels wonderful. No irritation, no need for balm; but I think I might get their pre-shave and the balm anyway.

The fact I broke out a blade new to me, Gillette Silver Blue, might have something to do with all the bliss floating around.

Any Speick-heads out there?

I think Speick smells awesome. I prefer it to Tabac by a long shot.

I think if I had to choose one bath soap for the rest of my life, it would be
Speick!

Yes, Speick is good stuff! Worth waiting thru your restraint!

$image.jpg

I've used the Speick shaving soap stick and the cream. Both with great results. Really like the scent. Great stuff!

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I love the Speick shave stick- I must buy another one. I have been using Euro Palmolive almost exclusively since I ran out of Speick. I must remedy this.

You should try the Speick EDT. I haven't tried it but maybe someday, someone will send it my way because they don't like it.:santa:

You should try the Speick EDT. I haven't tried it but maybe someday, someone will send it my way because they don't like it.:santa:
Yes, I am trying to get some Speick EdT. I see it for sale in Germany and I sent an e-mail, but no answer yet.

Anyone out there know how I can lay my hands on some? This Speick thing is serious good.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Yes, I am trying to get some Speick EdT. I see it for sale in Germany and I sent an e-mail, but no answer yet.

Anyone out there know how I can lay my hands on some? This Speick thing is serious good.
Both Bullgoose and WCS have EdC, but not the EdT

on edit: to the fragrance gus- what is the difference betwee EdC and EdT?

Both Bullgoose and WCS have EdC, but not the EdT

on edit: to the fragrance gus- what is the difference betwee EdC and EdT?

I find the EDC is a departure from the signature Speick scent. More citrusy and fruity.

The EDT fits the bill for Speick scent layering.

I was on Speick-o-rama for three consecutive says last week. By day three, I had serious hive-like eruptions on y lower neck, maybe three if them, i/2 x 1 in. Itchy enough for continual Cortizone-10 applications. Then a TFS shave, Friday morning. Still the itching bumps, Late tonight, a rose shave: Geo. F. Trumper Coral Skin Food pre- and post-shave, Le Pere Lucien Rose Pushkar soap, D. R. Harris Pink aftershave, QCS Rose Otto Balm. No touch-up, no attack on XTG neck whiskers. No alum.

So, I ask: could I be allergic to that Speick stuff? I hope not, as I love the scent and performance. Anyone have a similar reaction?

Never had an allergic reaction to it, but am sensitive to the artisanal glycerin based soaps with fragrance oils and some other soaps like Penhaligons. Do you get any tingling/slight burning when the soap is on your face? It's possible to be allergic to anything.

Love the smell of Speick.. I've used the body wash, body soap, shave stick, aftershave, pre-shave oil. It smells and feels clean and fresh. Man.. I'd give it another shot as I think it'd be a shame to have to swear off the stuff.

Top Bottom