What's new

My Rotation

I know that this collection will pale in comparison to many here at the B&B, but since I just started in April I think that this is a rather decent start. In December a Henkotsu Kamisori will be added. Just today I added an 6/8 AoS Theirs-Issard. What should I start thinking about adding?

Starting in the upper left corner and going down each column: 11/16 Ed Wusthof #83; 6/8 Le Grelot "Royal Canada"; 5/8 Robert Klaas, Ohligs, Prussia; 11/16 Geo. Wostenholm "Pipe Razor"; 5/8 Dubl Duck Goldedge; 11/16 Wade-Butcher Medium Ground; 5/8 Robert Klaas "Kissing Cranes"; 13/16 Filarmonica #14; 5/8 Boker "Warrior"; 6/8 Johan Engstrom Frameback; 11/16 Puma #91; 5/8 Red Imp by Case USA.

$Str8RazorRotation.jpg

That's more than a "decent start." I'd call it an "indecent start!" Congrats on the blades. Very nice assembly.

Very nice! Do you actually rotate through, pick randomly, other? Enjoy!
Since the number of German blades is far and above the other nationalities, I use a German blade and then something else. It works out pretty well.

Last edited:
Since the number of German blades is far and above the other nationalities, I use a German blade and then something else. It woks out pretty well.

I run into a similar situation. Since I got a 7-day set, I have trouble picking between the set and one of the 4 or 5 others that I have. One month I'll switch from the set to the individuals every other week, one month it'll be every other day. I'm actually kinda glad that I don't have 25 razors anymore (I know, Blasphemy).

I run into a similar situation. Since I got a 7-day set, I have trouble picking between the set and one of the 4 or 5 others that I have. One month I'll switch from the set to the individuals every other week, one month it'll be every other day. I'm actually kinda glad that I don't have 25 razors anymore (I know, Blasphemy).
Choices choices!

What you are missing is Japanese steel but it seems like a Kamisori is on its way, so that gap will be fixed.

Other candidates would include Wapienica, a Gold dollar and some Stainless steel (most of them are german)

What you are missing is Japanese steel but it seems like a Kamisori is on its way, so that gap will be fixed.

Other candidates would include Wapienica, a Gold dollar and some Stainless steel (most of them are german)
Is the Wapi the Polish all steel razor?

Yes.
I have had one that had an original plastic scale body but most of them are all steel. The scales are stainless steel and the blade is carbon steel. They were medical razor and made like that to be sterilized easily.
Somehow they got the steel just right. I love the feel of that blade.

Yes.
I have had one that had an original plastic scale body but most of them are all steel. The scales are stainless steel and the blade is carbon steel. They were medical razor and made like that to be sterilized easily.
Somehow they got the steel just right. I love the feel of that blade.
I will start the search for one of those.

What are your thoughts on the Bengall razor?

What are your thoughts on the Bengall razor?
So I have had a few in my hands.
The one I kept is about 7/8 and is very hollow. It reminds me of the feel of the Mappin & Webb. Nothing Sheffield about it.
I've in my stash some smaller ones that are more wedgy. I have not tried those yet.

The Bengall is nice, but I like the Mappin & Webb better though.
Actually now that I think of it, I like the Mappin & Webb better than any of my other razors.

Top Bottom