What's new

What is your running shoe?

TheShaun

Bejeweled
As a supplement to the running thread, (http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/387926-Any-Runners-in-the-House) what is your running shoe of choice?

I wear Mizuno Inspire. Currently the 10, but think I liked the 9 better. The 11 will be shipping later this month, so I think there will be a X-mas gift in my future.

I have these particular ones now

$rs.php?path=MINSXM6-1.jpg

Mizuno Hitogami
Asics Gel Lyte 33
Skechers Go Bionic
Inov-8 F-Lite 195

and a few others. I am too much of a shoe junkie, although I have slowed my acquisitions considerably.

When I have to run, and to be honest it's only when its in the workout at the gym I go to it's a pair of Vibram fivefingers.

been in Sauconys for twenty years but am contemplating something different this next go around

Last edited:
Been a happy Brooks loyalist forever. Recent years it's been many pairs of Adrenalines keeping my moderate overpronation in decent check.

2 pair of Nike Pegasus 30 Oregon Projects, and one pair of 29's with 800 miles, still going strong. Had them out for a 10 miler 2 days ago.

I have worn out half a dozen pairs of these. (Peral Izumi) A trained salesman can fit you into the type you need for any pronation you have in your impact. Also important to me is I trained in my race shoes, so when I bought a pair, that was it for the season. Being military I bought the ones with subdued colors, but I know flash and bright colors are a plus for late night early morning runners. They are light, they breathe, and have rock solid arch support.

http://www.runningwarehouse.com/catpage-MRSPEARL.html

I've been a fan of the Asics GT series shoes for several years but I bought a pair of GT-1000s and have not been impressed. I'm planning to pick up a pair of GT-2000s to see if they're closer to the same quality of the older models.

Saucony Kinvara 2 has always worked for me but they no longer make them so I will have to find something new after my backup pair dies.

Hoka One One's here. Finished my first half marathon in October in these. Loads of cushion was perfect for me, since I am a fairly big dude.

Hoka One One's here. Finished my first half marathon in October in these. Loads of cushion was perfect for me, since I am a fairly big dude.
I've been eyeing the Clifton but apparently they've run out until mid December. All of my local running stores have said they cannot get any in until then. I just got a pair of Altra Paradigms and they are super cushy as well. The thing I like most about the Altra is the wide toe box. I normally wear a 2E but the normal width of the Altra is just fine. I've heard the Hokas run a bit narrow so it will be interesting to see if the Cliftons would work for me.

I've been eyeing the Clifton but apparently they've run out until mid December. All of my local running stores have said they cannot get any in until then. I just got a pair of Altra Paradigms and they are super cushy as well. The thing I like most about the Altra is the wide toe box. I normally wear a 2E but the normal width of the Altra is just fine. I've heard the Hokas run a bit narrow so it will be interesting to see if the Cliftons would work for me.

I've only had one pair of Hoka's and it was the Conquest, I found it narrow, but that was just my opinion based off a single shoe. The Altra Paradigm looks very much to me like Hoka knock off, at least from pictures.

New Balance 880 V4...just completed a half in these. Started running in Nike Vomero's after a 17 year sabattical
and the New Balance fit the bill as a lighter shoe with nice cushioning. That being said I am interested in trying out Altra Paradigms. I ran in Merrell trail gloves on a treadmill and loved them, ran outside and killed myself. The wide toebox with cushioning is damned intriguing.

Top Bottom