What's new

What is your running shoe?

I do quite a bit of running and the last two pairs of shoes I've owned have been Merrell Road Gloves. They are the best shoes I've ever owned, and I doubt if I'll ever go to another brand. They fit well, are comfortable and socks are optional due to the snugness. If you don't wear socks, do everyone a favor and wash them once in a while, though. :001_smile

I've seen a few people with issues with minimalist shoes on here, so I think I'll start a thread addressing this issue.

Dual, Just go with the 3 or 4. They haven't changed the kinvara too much.
I thought the Kinvara 4 was a huge jump from the 3. Even the 4 is hard to find now, even online, in my size. My local running store is having a big sale for Small Business Saturday so I am going to check out the Kinvara 5.

I've been a fan of the Asics GT series shoes for several years but I bought a pair of GT-1000s and have not been impressed. I'm planning to pick up a pair of GT-2000s to see if they're closer to the same quality of the older models.
The old 2100 series, about 15 years ago, was amazing, but I've found the quality just isn't the same in the newer models.

Nike Pegasus.

Then they came out with the "Air Pegasus".

Hurt my back in 2009 when dumped by a horse and couldn't jog without serious pain until last spring. Tried the new Air Pegasus and thought they sucked something fierce. Currently struggling to get back into jogging using a New Balance 990 and a pair of Pegasus I bought before I was hurt (and left in the closet). Getting back into jogging at 56 now is vastly harder than when I started in '72.

I've been a fan of the Asics GT series shoes for several years but I bought a pair of GT-1000s and have not been impressed. I'm planning to pick up a pair of GT-2000s to see if they're closer to the same quality of the older models.
I've had a pair of GT-2140's from -09 with over 1600 km on them, and they still look (almost) new (not sure if you count these as the older models though?) I've switched to newer shoes ages ago, but I still use them in the gym. My DS Trainers on the other hand are already showing signs of wear with lesser use. I guess the former is a more rugged model..

I've always used Asics, probably because they are so popular over here (marketing!), but I've been interested in checking out Mizunos.

I retired a pair of Brooks Ghost 6's recently; tried on the 7's but didn't like the fit as much. I'm still running in a pair of Saucony Ride 6's, but recently got some Hoka Cliftons to replace the Brooks. Fantastic shoes--so light and incredible cushioning. So, I ordered a pair of Constants (new model) that should come in the next two weeks. I'm a convert to Hokas.

I understand the desire to try something new, but I do like that Saucony only makes running shoes. I appreciate that dedication to runners.

Just picked up a pair of Adidas Response Boost, first run today. Pretty comfortable.
I did like my old K-Swiss Tubes but thought a change would be good.

Ive always been an Adidas person but recently bought asics nimbus 15. Wow, its so comfy, no wonder they're ridiculously expensive here.

Newton...for the last four years...Asics (Kayano + GT) for many before Newton.
Presently Newton Motion III (easily the best shoe I have ever run in)

Just picked up a pair of Adidas Response Boost, first run today. Pretty comfortable.
I did like my old K-Swiss Tubes but thought a change would be good.

I am really wanting to try the boost, but Mrs. Mountaineer is probably going to have a high speed come apart if another pair of running shoes shows up before Spring! I like everything I have, but Adidas just put the Supernova Sequence 7 on sale on their web site and I am very tempted!

I am really wanting to try the boost, but Mrs. Mountaineer is probably going to have a high speed come apart if another pair of running shoes shows up before Spring! I like everything I have, but Adidas just put the Supernova Sequence 7 on sale on their web site and I am very tempted!
I think I'm going to like them. Picked them up at academy sports, they were on clearance. May be able to get the same deal online if you don't have them locally...you know, should you change your mind��
I will say this one negative thing; the build quality on them doesn't seem as nice as other shoes in the same price range. Very comfortable though, and they are just running shoes. Not expecting to get more than a year out of them anyway.

The latest set of ProGrid aka Power Grids
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421457653.427833.jpg

Top Bottom