What's new

Favorite inexpensive fragrances (under $35)

I've recently gotten into bargain bin shopping to see if I can find some hidden gems. My fragrance wardrobe has a number of niche fragrances as well as higher end designer fragrances but I love discovering bang for the buck fragrances that are lesser known.

Some of my recent bargain bin finds are Mont Blanc Individuel, Salvatore Ferragamo Attimo, and Perry Ellis M. What are some of your favorite cheap colognes that have decent longevity and projection that get compliments?

welcome to b&b!
this Cuba tobacco cologne is nice and reasonable, often available at Ross bargain stores.
good longevity. compliments...well, none so far, to be honest, but that's probably due to other reasons!

$synergy cavendish reynolds plisson cuba apr 10 2014-44338s.jpg

Thanks for sharing Sarimento! Ross is where I picked up my bottle of Mont Blanc Individuel and Perry Ellis M. Many fragrances that find the bargain bins have issues with longevity or are just plain putrid but others are actually great fragrances. I like finding the ones that fly under the radar because they were not promoted enough by the designer house. I find that the designer fragrances that do well aren't always the greatest scents but the ones most heavily pushed at fragrance counters in department stores and ones with great ad campaigns.

I love cigars so I will definitely keep a look out for your recommendation. Cheers!

It's fitting you posted a HTGAM pic. I wore HTGAM Tombstone yesterday as a cologne (no shave) and I was still picking it up 9 hours later. I think it's around $20?

Cool Water - extra clean, nuff said
007 - A nearly note-for-note copy of YSL's La Nuit
Jovan Musk - at $8 for 4 ounces, this orange, rose, and musk frag is a Cheapie Hall of Famer
CK1 - you can get like 6.7oz of this stuff for under 30 on fragrancenet. Super clean.
Mont Blanc Individuel - chocolate and raspberries give way to nice clean dryer sheets.
Grey Flannel - Not a big fan but the price on the jug makes it a super cheap splash.

Try this: https://www.carrollandco.com/accessories/royal -briar-cologne This is a current version of Atkinson's Royal Briar, a scent that disappeared for a while. I wore Royal Briar for many years and was really frustrated when I couldn't find any. Found this a few years ago (through the wonders of B&B and the Internet); it's not an exact copy/version, but close. Really worth a try (check Basenotes) and fits your price criteria if you live in LA (no shipping). Learned my lesson with the Atkinson's and have several bottles stashed away.

I really like Nautica Voyage. Not a "mature" scent, but my wife really loves it when I wear it.

Also, if you have a Bath and Body works, their CO Bigelow Colognes are pretty great.

I recently picked up Burberry London for a little under $35 shipped - that is currently my favorite "budget" EdT (I do not count the Fine aftershaves in this group, though one certainly could). It really is a great fragrance; much deeper and more sophisticated than its price tag would suggest. Really great for this time of year too.

Perry Ellis 360 Red is a better version of Acqua di Gio for those who like that sort of thing.

Bigelow Elixir White is my pick from that line.

Azzaro Pour Homme can be had for cheap and is a nice, sturdy powerhouse fougere.

Roger & Gallet Open if you can find it online is a very good soapy, spicy wood scent.

Mr Blass Bill Blass you can find for under $20. Great for evening wear, leather , amber, boozy powerhouse.

Jovan Sex Appeall, don't let the name put you off. I nice musk scent that is not overly sweet.

Cool Water, similar to GIT.

Tabac, a clean barber shop scent.

I really like Nautica Voyage. Not a "mature" scent, but my wife really loves it when I wear it.

Also, if you have a Bath and Body works, their CO Bigelow Colognes are pretty great.

Great call on the Nautica Voyage. A fresh clean aquatic scent that lasts a full day, and only $20 at Marshalls to boot. Also like the C.O. Bigleow stuff as well. Especially like the Elixir Black.

Last edited:
I recently picked up Burberry London for a little under $35 shipped - that is currently my favorite "budget" EdT (I do not count the Fine aftershaves in this group, though one certainly could). It really is a great fragrance; much deeper and more sophisticated than its price tag would suggest. Really great for this time of year too.

London is a classic IMO. Always have a bottle in storage and bring it out when the leaves start changing. Some people say it's been played out and there are much better choices for a Fall/Winter cologne nowadays. But I just never seem to get tired of the smell.

Top Bottom