What's new

Can you Identify this one?

I have little knowledge about straight razors, yet, I have one that my father had when he was younger...

The Maker of the razor is "Mauser" the blade is smaller than what I see in the stores, the handle is black acrylic/plastic, the metal portion is corroded and the package barely says made in Italy. I have attached some pics below.

Is there anyone that can tell me more about this one and if it has any value or worth restoring?

$IMG_20141102_184804.jpg$IMG_20141102_184600.jpg$IMG_20141102_184623.jpg

Attachments

• $IMG_20141102_184828.jpg
    $IMG_20141102_184828.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 132
  • $IMG_20141102_184749.jpg
    $IMG_20141102_184749.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 132
restore it for the reason it is a family heirloom if for nothing else. as far as brand I am not familiar with it.i have a old german razor a 4/8 I bought it in 1972 while I was stationed in Germany eicker and sone , it was nos and I still have it. not my first razor but my first new razor

restore it for the reason it is a family heirloom if for nothing else. as far as brand I am not familiar with it.i have a old german razor a 4/8 I bought it in 1972 while I was stationed in Germany eicker and sone , it was nos and I still have it. not my first razor but my first new razor

Thanks kn4wd.
Hopefully I can find out more about, that would really help with the next step, restore it or just keep it as is.

Totally agree, heirloom means go for the restore and get using it! No idea about the make but I guess that makes it rare :)

Okay so I've been looking into the company name and found Mauser is a German arms manufacturer which is likely to have made this razor, here is also an Italian Industrial packaging company by the same name but I can't see the connection.

The arms company has a company crest which may be similar but not the same....and that's where the trail stops for me. Now its up to those who are able to take if further. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Yes, Mauser Werke made firearms and whole host of other stuff. That is not the Mauser Werke crest.
This is the Mauser Werke crest
$Mauser-Werke-Oberndorf-Waffensysteme-GmbH-J-auml-ger.jpg

I doubt that sleeve is original to that blade either.

And the mystery goes on. ;)

Yes, Mauser Werke made firearms and whole host of other stuff. That is not the Mauser Werke crest.
This is the Mauser Werke crest

I doubt that sleeve is original to that blade either.

And the mystery goes on. ;)

That is definitely a different crest, however, I am pretty sure the sleeve is the original one.
Truth be told... I took it form my dad when I was a kid (What did I know at the time, the razor seemed Kewl at the time) he had 3 of them all the same. Now there is only one left.

Mike H

Instagram Famous
Mauser was proud of their 3 Monkeys and put them on all razors I have seen.

$Capture.JPG

However, they may have had seconds they sold without the makers mark, but I don't know for sure.

Mauser was proud of their 3 Monkeys and put them on all razors I have seen.

However, they may have had seconds they sold without the makers mark, but I don't know for sure.

That's definitely the symbol. I can always give them a call to find out if they every ran 2nds or if this is a first time run to test the market... any idea how to get the company info?

Top Bottom