What's new

My first grey hair

TheChefs said:
Your grey patch on chest can be easly taken care off, it's called wax :)

Then I would have a bare patch in the center of my chest :biggrin: . And since I'm one of these really hairy guys it just isn't feasable to do a complete wax, not to mention the pain involved.

TheChefs said:
You could have been loosing your hair at 24, choose your poison and live with it.
Sure sure, rub it in!

I'm 28 and I have a spot on the back of my head where my hair is well.. how shall I say it.. "thin". I really don't mind actually since my hair in general is very short (only 3 of 4 mm's).

Even if I would lose part or all of my hair, I don't mind: as long as you take good care of the way you look and present yourself to the outside, nobody will talk "badly" about a bold head.

Getting gray isn't bad either: it's not as if your first steps in the professional life will all of a sudden vanish or that your aging will speed up.

All these things are just the way nature goes and a natural progress of "growing up", don't fight or feel bad about it: every person has something making him feel less secure to the outside world but the majority of them have all one thing in common: it could be alot worse and the outside world tends to not notice it most of the time (contrary to what the person in question thinks: to him everybody sees it because he's fixated on it).

Ashe said:
Sure sure, rub it in!

I'm 28 and I have a spot on the back of my head where my hair is well.. how shall I say it.. "thin". I really don't mind actually since my hair in general is very short (only 3 of 4 mm's).

Even if I would lose part or all of my hair, I don't mind: as long as you take good care of the way you look and present yourself to the outside, nobody will talk "badly" about a bold head.

Getting gray isn't bad either: it's not as if your first steps in the professional life will all of a sudden vanish or that your aging will speed up.

All these things are just the way nature goes and a natural progress of "growing up", don't fight or feel bad about it: every person has something making him feel less secure to the outside world but the majority of them have all one thing in common: it could be alot worse and the outside world tends to not notice it most of the time (contrary to what the person in question thinks: to him everybody sees it because he's fixated on it).

I'm not rubbing in, I've similar problem, except my hair line is receeding really bad and I'm the same age as you. I trim my hair as close as possible with clippers. I'm just glad that I go to gym and my body has a bit of baulk, if I was skinny it wouldn't look right.

Sounds like we do the exact same things! Going to the gym for quite some time as well.

By the way, forgot to add a smiley in my original post. :001_smile

kasabian said:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

My teenage years came and went like nobody's business, and the same is happening with my 20's. Before I know it, I'm gonna be 30 - and I haven't even done anything yet.

ehhh... I'm getting depressed just typing about it. I'm gonna go an watch some cartoons. :tongue_sm

Your 30s are the best part of your youth..... Still young :)biggrin: ), but wiser and more confident than someone of 20. At 31 I've never felt better about myself appearance-wise. And the grey hair (as in a single hair!)...don't worry about it...I've had a couple of greyish-looking hairs near the fringe of my hair since I was about 25...and six years on they've never really got any worse...could be maybe just a few one-off hairs that somehow don't have any pigmentation, for reasons that may have nothing to do with going grey through ageing. Also, no-one else can tell I have them apart from me! So don't bother yourself worrying.

Grey hair is heriditary... you get it from your kids!

I found my first gray hair at 29 getting ready for a trade show in Las Vegas.... it upset me for the entire week... Now I wish I only had one! :w00t: I understand totally how you feel tho honey.. it is a sign of aging... Just make sure that you age well!!

Hugs,

Mama Bear

Scotto said:
You know if you pull them out, ten more grow back, right? :eek:

Dont know if you were joking or not but that pulling 1 getting 10 back is a fable a folklore nonsense ?

I read it in Age Erasers For men , got it at Amazon.com.
For me I dont age anymore since I started wetshaving well must be a defect or something I dont mind.. Ill keep on shaving.. :tongue: Poor Fusion users will they age 5 times as fast now? :lol:

Definitely don't get to stressed about grey hair, its a self defeating process.

A man was arrested in our city a few years ago for several counts of something pretty awful. In bond court that afternoon his hair was all black. When I fed him breakfast in his cell the next morning his hair was all white and I had not a bit of sympathy for him.

kasabian said:
I'm pretty upset this morning. :frown:

I woke up today, and as I usually do, I stood in front of the mirror and stared at myself. Just above my right sideburn, I noticed something glistening. At first I thought it was just the sun coming through the window. It wasn't. Then I thought it could be some paint that had gone on my hair. Until I realised that I haven't been near any paint for about 2 months. I got a pair of tweezers and plucked it out. Yep - it was a grey hair.

I shouldn't really be bothered right? Grey hair is just one of those things that will happen to us all eventually. Yea..true. But did I mention I'm only 24? :frown:

I'm not exagerrating when I say I'm really quite upset. I know I shouldn't be. There's far worse things in life. But I can't help it. My mum tried to reassure me by telling me it's just a one off, but I don't buy it. I'm convinced that in a couple months time, I'm going to be covered in greys. :frown:

1 grey hair at 24? Man you have nothing to complain about. My buddy went ALL grey by 25.

hello kasabian,

be glad your hair isn't starting to thin out at age 24, as mine did (i will probably have a chrome dome by the time i'm 40).

also, don't sweat the small stuff. of all the things in the world to be worrying about, grey hair and/or thinning hair is not one of them that should be high on your list.

on a side note, a month or so ago i grew my goatee out longer than i normally do and much to my horror i found five, yes 5, grey whiskers.

thanks,
mike

kasabian said:
I'm pretty upset this morning. :frown:

I woke up today, and as I usually do, I stood in front of the mirror and stared at myself. Just above my right sideburn, I noticed something glistening. At first I thought it was just the sun coming through the window. It wasn't. Then I thought it could be some paint that had gone on my hair. Until I realised that I haven't been near any paint for about 2 months. I got a pair of tweezers and plucked it out. Yep - it was a grey hair.

I shouldn't really be bothered right? Grey hair is just one of those things that will happen to us all eventually. Yea..true. But did I mention I'm only 24? :frown:

I'm not exagerrating when I say I'm really quite upset. I know I shouldn't be. There's far worse things in life. But I can't help it. My mum tried to reassure me by telling me it's just a one off, but I don't buy it. I'm convinced that in a couple months time, I'm going to be covered in greys. :frown:

Mine turned gray ar 22, and turned loose shortly thereafter.

When I moved to the small town I live in now, I went to the local barber
one Saturday, and since I was the new guy, everybody was giving me the
once over. The owner was in that day and was quite a talker..

Anyway, when I got in the chair, I decided to have some fun, so when he
asked me if I just needed a light trim, I said in a loud voice, "That Depends"

When he asked, I said it depended on how much he charged for a trim.
By now everybody was leaning up in their chairs when he said "9 Dollars"
I thought they would all die when I looked shocked and asked him

" NINE DOLLARS!!! HOW MUCH OF THAT IS A FINDERS FEE? "

After eveybody finally stopped laughing, I was in like Flynn with the locals..
Great bunch of guys.... I now shave my head, but stop in on occasion.
We still laugh about that 1st time...

Top Bottom