What's new

Teen shaver.need some advice on gear for a beginner

Shoot me a PM with your address. I'll put a starter kit together and get it out in the mail to you some time next week.

I would like you to consider the starter kit offered here.

http://sampleshop.blogspot.com
+1000

Shoot me a PM with your address. I'll put a starter kit together and get it out in the mail to you some time next week.
Very very generous. Good show! I was thinking that a bunch of us get together and put together a goodie bag for our young shaver and Corey has already stepped up to the plate. If there is anything that any of us can do let us know.

Good luck and enjoy the shaves!!

I have used my EJ 89 for my entire first year and I have been very happy with it, it was a great razor to learn on and I am jsut now branching out into vintage razors. I also have had great luck with C.O. Bigelow cream (green proraso) easy to lather even with a cheap brush.

Looks like people have posted some great offers and ideas. All I can add is no pressure and take your time. You will get the hang of it. Remember it ain't rocket science.

+3
I'm curious as well, I'm 15 and shaved DE last night and loved how smooth it was afterword it was relative to cartridge, just make sure you go a bit slower and less pressure (as in 0 pressure) and it should be fine, i would suggest a few "practice" passes, razor without blade to get a good feel for how little pressure you get and constant angle if you haven't already had a go at it
nice to know there are other around my age getting into DE at about the same time!

I wish I would have been as enlightened as you young gentlemen when I was a teenager. My dad used a DE but I never considered it and went straight for the Mach 3 and Edge Gel. I struggled with that, I could never get a good shave. I really started hating shaving by 19 when my beard was becoming more robust so I grew it out.

I had my first DE shave two weeks ago, I'm 30 now.

I wish I would have been as enlightened as you young gentlemen when I was a teenager. My dad used a DE but I never considered it and went straight for the Mach 3 and Edge Gel. I struggled with that, I could never get a good shave. I really started hating shaving by 19 when my beard was becoming more robust so I grew it out.

I had my first DE shave two weeks ago, I'm 30 now.

better now then never! I looked for alternatives when I began to dread shaving and saw it begin to get pricey. but saw the alternative was not shaving, a couple of months of sorta-kinda looking I managed my way here though i'm still an absolute novice

Top Bottom