What's new

Tobacquisitions for November 2014

I wanted to ask you, how are you finding it? Does it really change the smoke?

Radice Twin Bore

proxy.php

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
I smoked two bowls from it back to back on Saturday. One of Former's Birdseye Flake the other of Sutliff Virginia Slices. The draw is WIDE open, and it does eliminate any perceivable sting.

Very interesting. I read a GL Pease review of it and he seemed to say the same.

Either way, it's a nice looking pipe.

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Thanks. I've been wanting one for awhile but am not a fan of Radice's heavier rustification techniques. Shape wise, this is almost an exact copy of my only Dunhill, and smoke 100x better.

Trade package arrived today...
1 tin of McClelland's Bombay Court
1 tin of Dan's Patriot Flake
and 1 tin of Sutliff's Man's Best Friend

This oddball just came in the mail.. need to clean 'er up, but wanted to snap a few pics first. I've seen Dr. Grabow CDL pipes, but they're pretty different than this, plus I doubt Dr. Grabow would release a pipe without the brand clearly displayed. Anyone have any clue what this thing is?

Looking forward to giving this a try soon. It's about a group 3 size, super lightweight, and the draft hole goes straight through the bottom of the bowl.. I bet it will smoke like a champ!

$_MG_4870.jpg
$_MG_4866.jpg

This oddball just came in the mail.. need to clean 'er up, but wanted to snap a few pics first. I've seen Dr. Grabow CDL pipes, but they're pretty different than this, plus I doubt Dr. Grabow would release a pipe without the brand clearly displayed. Anyone have any clue what this thing is?

Looking forward to giving this a try soon. It's about a group 3 size, super lightweight, and the draft hole goes straight through the bottom of the bowl.. I bet it will smoke like a champ!

View attachment 518445
View attachment 518447

I have never seen a pipe like that before, that is really cool looking. where did you get it from?

You three-eached the heck outta those OTCs! Nice haul!

It's one of those weird binge things i get into, i picked up some capt black at a walgreens one day cuz i didnt have any pipe tobacco on me, forgot how much i liked it, so then came the OTC order lolz but now i think i ordered too much after looking at it...might have a PIF soon lolz

Thank you! I espeically love that it protects the pipes better than my previous case and that I can fit a whole tin of tobacco into that little compartment on the inside left.
I liked that the tim could fit also, I will tell the wife I want something similar. Hope she can find one in our price range.

I have never seen a pipe like that before, that is really cool looking. where did you get it from?

It's one of those weird binge things i get into, i picked up some capt black at a walgreens one day cuz i didnt have any pipe tobacco on me, forgot how much i liked it, so then came the OTC order lolz but now i think i ordered too much after looking at it...might have a PIF soon lolz

Picked up the pipe on eBay.

Doesn't look like too much to me! Lately I've been going 10ea. on things I like.. I find the "sleeve of tins" to be handy! :blush:

Luckily, Hirsute and I are threatening to go on Tobbatical for 2015, and enable each other in the other direction. Time to slow this freight train down!!

Picked up the pipe on eBay.

Doesn't look like too much to me! Lately I've been going 10ea. on things I like.. I find the "sleeve of tins" to be handy! :blush:

Luckily, Hirsute and I are threatening to go on Tobbatical for 2015, and enable each other in the other direction. Time to slow this freight train down!!

I don't think your freight train needs to be slowed down at all. I think its going in the right direction. I've slowed down on a lot of tobacco stockpiling, mainly because space is becoming a huge issue. I need to start a 3rd wineador already, and really need to find a nice chest like price has for the pipe tobaccy.

I concur.

In my humble opinion

1 7 seas
2 Dunhill Flake/ Elizabethan Mixture
3 Escudo
4 Nightcap

But in the end you are the final say :)

Thank you,actually started as:
1.Escudo-enjoyed very much last night, first non aromatic blend i have tried.
2.7 seas- smoking at the moment , very good light aromatic
3.Dunhill Flake/Elizabethan- tonight/tomorrow
4. Nightcap-Sunday-smells like a church incense to me, will see, if i like the taste.

Top Bottom