What's new

Nib Acquisitions November 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lovely pen...why isn't it writing? :confused1
Not sure. It started ok, but then the flow stopped after a few lines.
I've been flushing and soaking the past few hours and it seems better now.
How do you align tines on a hooded nib? Just as normal with finger nails?

*edit* Nevermind - it's being sent off to the pro's

Last edited:
after being lent a beautiful vintage Pelikan, the lender and I realized that I had no ink worthy of riding in said pen. so, I bought this:
$pelikan ink.png
4001 royal blue. should be fun.

$IMG_0264.JPG

Picked up a Kaweco Ice Sport with a medium nib, converter, and clip for a really good price on the bay. I really like these Kaweco pens. They write really smooth and are super easy to pocket. I've been trying to find a good price on a Kaweco AL, but I've failed on that part. Oh well.

Not a recent acquisition, but today I got back a Sheaffer PFM and Parker Duofold Big Red from Danny Fudge. I have had them for a while but never got around to restoring them myself, so I decided to send them out. Danny got them back to me in exactly 2 weeks. Both are performing great! Will post pics when I can.

Hit the jackpot tonight when I came home from work, Saint Sue Auction items had arrived! :w00t:

Only a quick pic, will have to take a better pic later on.

Got a bottle of Baystate Blue in yesterday. Going to use it in my 540, of which I need a new #6 nib for after putting in a nice old one and not realizing just how soft the gold was.
Also got a 1.1 stub nib for my Edison Herald Grande.

I haven't made any major purchases lately (saving up for maybe a B&B LE???), but I still shop around the antique malls, flea markets, and the online auction sites for bargains. Here's four recent acquisitions that I just finished replacing the ink sacs this morning. None cost me more than a few dollars.

$IMG_2105.jpg

Above, from Left to Right:
WASP Addipoint, EF Nib
WASP Clipper (demi-size, "circuit board" pattern), #4 Med Nib
Diamond, Fine Steel Nib
Esterbrook LJ (engraved "Bell System Property"), 9550 (Firm Extra Fine) Nib

$IMG_2106.jpg

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Gotta love those Bell System Esties. Back in the day I guess you could raid their stationery closet for a handful of those! I've had a few, too.

Never seen an LJ -- usually just regular J models, though.

Gotta love those Bell System Esties. Back in the day I guess you could raid their stationery closet for a handful of those! I've had a few, too.

Never seen an LJ -- usually just regular J models, though.
Esties are like potato chips...once you've tasted one, you can't stop. I love the fantastic variety of interchangeable nib/feed assemblies...something for every person and occasion. And there seems to be a never-ending supply of pens and nibs. :001_cool:

Started a new thread for this, but it does belong here too. Just made a beginning of getting back after almost thirty years -

$IMG_20141128_135839.jpg

$IMG_20141123_201935.jpg

While teaching English here in Tokyo last year I was inspired to take up cursive writing (my had writing is an absolute abomination in most casws)

I didn't want to go nuts and buy a crazy expensive or over flashy pen. So I opted for a LAMY Safrai.

It's a nice pen. Though the fine is not as fine as I would have liked after using it for a bit.

I went for a nice charcoal/dark brown colour in a matte finish.

Hopefully I can pick up a few writing tips from this part of the forum!

While teaching English here in Tokyo last year I was inspired to take up cursive writing (my had writing is an absolute abomination in most casws)

I didn't want to go nuts and buy a crazy expensive or over flashy pen. So I opted for a LAMY Safrai.

It's a nice pen. Though the fine is not as fine as I would have liked after using it for a bit.

I went for a nice charcoal/dark brown colour in a matte finish.

Hopefully I can pick up a few writing tips from this part of the forum!

You can get an EF nib for it! They are easy to change out!!!

Tom

Pics to prove it did indeed happen!

I'll post a few pics in the hand written thread too.

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1417232899671.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1417232899671.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 43
  • $uploadfromtaptalk1417232914948.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1417232914948.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 43
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom