What's new

Custom Blade: The Portland Razor Company: Review and Pictures

Unadan: it's time to come on over to the Dark Side. S.R. Shaving is a learned skill but once acquired will reward the shaver with much self satisfaction.

I couldn't find links to Portland Razor on the ADX site, so I just went to portlandrazorco.com for the info. Glad to see some great shaving tools coming out of my home state. Back in the 80's, I used to work at the PGE Station L steam plant, near the east end of the classic 1907 lift-span Hawthorne Bridge, about a mile from Scott's shop.

I don't even use straights, but this is just stunning…. razors like this make me want to start!!! (but make me afraid to start too!!! :lol:)

My Second Custom From Portland Razor Company. 8/8 Blade with Buckeye Burl Scales.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Last edited:
LOL. mine fell off the stand opened and dinged the blade while I was taking pictures of it. I had not even shaved with it yet. That wore the new off of it real quick. I had to hone it first before shaving with it. Note to self: Always shave at least once before taking pictures to post on B&B.

Buckeye Burl is amazing wood, and very mind blowing the way it takes various dyes. I have knives with handles made of this material, and I often get lost just looking at them.

I like this smiling blade, more my style than the other models, but I just cant get over the shape of the scales & tang.:huh:

Beautiful blade and congrats! I saw this on his Instagram and was wondering to whom this razor would be sent. Glad it ended up here with a fellow B&B'er. I should have my 7/8 Kraken this month. Really like his business model so far and Scott seems like a stand-up guy and very accommodating.

Thank You All for the kind complements on my new razor. I really appreciate it. This forum is made up of a great group of people.

Last edited:
Top Bottom