What's new

Help Identify!

My Great-Uncle Vincent passed away last year at age 94. My step-mother was going through a box of his belongings, and came across this beauty. Knowing my love of vintage shaveorabilia, she brought it to me. I'm just not completely sure what it is. It's a heavy sucker, that's for sure. The clamshell case is a very dark sort of burgundy color. Can't tell if it was meant to be that color, or if it just darkened with age. Sorry if the pics aren't great, I only have my old cell phone handy right now. If needed, I'll try to get my wife's camera out. Thanks in advance!

$Photo10311802.jpg$Photo10311803.jpg$Photo10311803_1.jpg$Photo10311803_2.jpg

NEW SC in a Red & Black case. Usually that handle is seen with other sets such as the Bostonian and Blue Gold, but I suppose it came with Red & Black sets as well.

Very nice condition, congrats!

It's not what we'd normally expect in a Red & Black set, but I've seen so many different variations where it's reasonably likely an original pairing that I'd hesitate to say anything is out of the question as long as it's from the right era, as this would be.

Yes, the red color would have been a bit brighter than that originally (see below), but it's very common to see them darkened with age like that. All in all, a very nice family piece! :thumbup1:

proxy.php

That's a nice razor and a cool family heirloom. Use it and cherish the connection with your great uncle.

Top Bottom