What's new

Rice Steamer and Crock pot, do they work?

Hello,

I'm curious about heating or steaming towels in a crockpot or rice steamer. First of all, what's the difference between these two? They both seem to be a cooking pot with a lid which is then plugged and heats whatever is inside. Are they different in any way? Has anyone tried this for heating towels? I would like to heat about 4 or 5 towels, and the good thing about these two pieces of equipment is that while I'm using the first towel of the series, I could turn the machine to it's minimum heat so that when I need another towel, the heat has mantained. Is this possible?

Thanks

Sounds totally unnecessary. If your shower or tap water to not get hot enough, just boil some water and put a towel or two in there. they will be plenty hot

Being Chinese, the rice cooker is essential to life. If I dared put a towel in my mom's rice cooker she would **** slap me across the face. The difference is that the crock pot has a continuous temperature and the rice cooker boils the water and then maintains a low temperature after that to cook the rice. Really fancy rice cookers have different settings and you could just set your towels there in the water and pot and it will start the cycle at the time you indicate.

I just soak a flannel in water, squeeze most of it out then microwave on high for 1 minute. That gives you a nice, steaming towel in no time.

I leave my crock pot for lamb shanks :001_smile

Simon

I dearly love my rice cooker and consider it the best 20 bucks I've ever spent (many years ago). I guess you could heat towels in it, but I would ONLY do it with the steamer in place instead of placing the towel in the lower part, which sits on the heat element. It is designed to cook quickly until it boils away water, and I'd be afraid you'd cook off the water and burn up a towel.

A crock pot would take a LOT longer, and if you use it for towels, I'd make sure there was plenty of water in it.

Top Bottom