What's new

Placed an order for MWF and Cella

J

Jarrod

Been using Tabac exclusively since I started wet shaving nearly four years ago. With talks and fear of it becoming something else in the name of progress I placed an order for MWF and Cella this morning along with some blades. Hope to find something on par or better than Tabac. Here's hoping they don't ruin it.

$You-Have-Chosen-Wisely_zpsdfcda750.jpg

What he said ^^^^

I use mwf and Cella more than any soap tbh. Everything else gets forgotten about mostly.

Why'd you order the cella? Did they only have one puck of mitchells wool fat ?



har har. seriously though, great choice. I have a couple dozen soaps in "rotation" and I reach for those two 90% of the time. great performers and I can lather them while half asleep. no fiddling needed and post shave is the best! I like them both MUCH better then TABAC, I even doubt the super duper slickness that most claim from TABAC.......MWF and Cella are slicker hands down.

I haven't tried either one of them, but I love tabac. My uncle has mwf and cella, I've been meaning to try a few shaves of them off him, just never get around to toting all my gear out there to his house and everything. I will one day. I have been wanting to try cella in particular forever. I love soft soaps, and the only one I've ever even tried is my tub of jabonman tiera humidore or however it's spelled(no Spanish comprehension whatsoever here), and I freaking love that stuff, even though the strong scent literally makes my 6 month old son cry haha, he will man up to it soon enough. I personally love the smell of that soap. And I really enjoy the texture of it, if other "croaps" are like that they could possibly be my favorite style. I don't really like many hard soaps, except tabac and a few others. Also have wanted to try some MdC fougere too.

Tabac and cella are probably my favorite soaps. I'm still getting MWF dialed in as I just started using it. But I can say for sure you will LOVE Cella. You will wish you had bought the brick. Enjoy!

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
Personally I don't think MWF comes anywhere near Cella or Tabac but YMMV. I have some MWF and its a good soap but possibly a very overrated soap as well. My favorite thing about it is the scent. Just about any popular artisan soap beats it in post shave and slickness in my opinion. Cella is crazy slick and is my favorite of the 3.

J

Jarrod

Why'd you order the cella? Did they only have one puck of mitchells wool fat ?

I read an article somewhere that someone had an allergic reaction. They're comment was along the lines if you're allergic to cats MWF will bother you too. So figured I'd try one puck and find out. If it works out, I can always order more.

I've used Cella and Mitchell's but not Tabac. The lanolin in MWF wasn't something I could tolerate over weeks of straight use. Cella has given me no issues yet. Cella is easier to work with but once you figure out how MWF likes to be lathered, it's no problem at all.

Top Bottom