What's new

Splash Recommendations Needed

Hey guys. It's been a while since I've purchased any aftershave splashes, since I had splurged a couple of years ago, but now I'm getting to the point where I need to restock the cabinet. I'm looking for one or two high-quality A/S splashes (alcohol-based) that I haven't tried yet.

First off, here's what I've primarily been using:
  • Speick After Shave Lotion
  • Pitralon (Swiss)
  • Captains Choice Lime
  • Old Spice (classic)
I don't have a huge razor burn problem, but I do appreciate an A/S that soothes and moisturizes.
I usually wear colognes/EDTs, so I don't want an A/S with an overpowering scent that lasts for hours. (No bay rums, please...SWMBO doesn't like it.)
Finally, I'm looking for something reasonably priced. $25 or less per bottle would be good.

I'm looking forward to hearing your suggestions!

Any of the Aqua Velvas are nice (and very affordable). They are soothing and moisturizing. I have the Aqua Velva Ice Blue and the Ice Sport. Having just read a thread about the AV Musk, I will be picking that up soon as well.

4711 is also a very nice splash, IMO. Refreshing, soothing and a fleeting scent that won't interfere with an EDT.

I just got a batch of stuff from Saint Charles Shave today. I've only used one of them just an hour ago, but all of them have a wonderful scent. They are very nicely priced and come in glass bottles. They have a complete line of aftershaves.

I don't know how much they moisturize, but I do know they smell good!

Any of the Aqua Velvas are nice (and very affordable). They are soothing and moisturizing. I have the Aqua Velva Ice Blue and the Ice Sport. Having just read a thread about the AV Musk, I will be picking that up soon as well.

4711 is also a very nice splash, IMO. Refreshing, soothing and a fleeting scent that won't interfere with an EDT.
I've got a bottle of Aqua Velva (Ice Blue), but frankly, I can't handle the fragrance (and it seems to linger too long on me). My impression of 4711 was that it wasn't much more than alcohol and fragrance. Does it have any skin conditioning ingredients?

I've got a bottle of Aqua Velva (Ice Blue), but frankly, I can't handle the fragrance (and it seems to linger too long on me). My impression of 4711 was that it wasn't much more than alcohol and fragrance. Does it have any skin conditioning ingredients?

I wear the Ice Sport more than the Ice Blue, but I really don't notice it lingering too long. My two favourites at the moment are DR Harris Sandalwood splash and Crown Shaving Co. Aftershave Tonic. Both in the higher price range and have lingering scents.

I pulled this out of the B&B Wiki for 4711 splash...

Ingredient list:

• Alcohol, Water (Aqua), Butylene Glycol, Fragrance (Parfum), Limonene, Benzophenone-3, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Linalool, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Citral, Citric Acid, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronella, Ext. Violet 2 (CI 60730), Blue #1 (CI 42090), Yellow 5 (CI 1140).

mswofford

Rest in Peace
Larry, have you tried Proraso Green Splash? I like it and the plastic dispenser plug in the glass bottle is super.

mswofford

Rest in Peace
Does the Proraso Green have a lot of menthol? I know the shaving cream is pretty frigid.
Similar to my Aqua Velva Ice Blue. The fragrance is not the same, however.
It's in "reviews" forum. 'Most Active" new formula page 7.

Last edited:
Hmmm...I love the La Toja Shave Stick. Does the A/S have a similar fragrance?

The Musgo Real sounds great but it's outside my price range.

Possibly a bit out of the price range but...Lucky Tiger Premium After Shave and Face Tonic.
Smells good, does not linger too long, and full of soothing goodness. It definitely won't interfere with your cologne/EdT

Top Bottom