What's new

Newbie. And hope i injoy.

Just wanted to say hello,
Thought i give safety razors a try and ditch the cartridge .. pricey

I see there is lots of info on here so i thought i post a hello, and list the razors i bought. Ive only shaved with each one ONCE. so verdict is out..on my choice, but think im going to love the safety razor.- Here is what i have,

New edwin jagger DE 86
Gillette 1962 code H3 TTO SLIM ADJUSTABLE
Gillette 1984 code E3 ,TTO ADJ,[ PLASTIC BOTTOM ]

Hope i got the years right..Went of internet..
First goof i did was soak over nite, and whoops took alot of finish off..:mad3:
Will be tryin them out to see which i prefer. YES GOING too use them
Should i worry about the finish i took off. ????

Welcome here to B&B. Great to have you on board.

What finish did you lose? Metal or the black in the Slim? Too much soaking is not good for razors. You can repaint the black and if you want, replate the metal. Best replater is Chris Evatt at razorplate.com

No worries on losing some finish. That won't affect your shaves.

Last edited:
Welcome here to B&B. Ggreat to have you onboard.

What finish did you lose? Metal or the black in the Slim? Too much soaking is not good for razors. You can repaint the black and if you want, replate the metal. Best replater is Chris Evatt at razorplate.com

lost alot of plating.. Had them standing on thier heads, so its off up too about middle of thier handles..
Kinda gives then a gold glow in the light where it came off..

Welcome here to B&B. Ggreat to have you onboard.

lost alot of plating.. Had them standing on thier heads, so its off up too about middle of thier handles..
Kinda gives then a gold glow in the light where it came off..

lol, Dont yell at me now.. Was in hurry, so i droped then in a cup of lysol toilet bowl cleaner.60/40 mix Then fell asleep..

eww...yea i now see your problems. well hey, ya know, we all live and learn. the good thing is now your apart of this site, and the members here will always give you great info.

Ill try and get a few pic's up as soon as camera is charged. It may show , the little plating i lost.
At least they are now DISINFECTED.. Hee

Welcome to the B&B.

Lots of great information here, remember the mantra YMMV.

Enjoy the products and the shaves.

lol, yes they are. well if your in a hurry next you could just drop em in the dishwasher. ive done it a few times and it works great. the razor must be all metal though. some of them super adjustables have a plastic adjuster plate to them. but when i clean a new razor of mine now, ill do it manually with a toothbrush and palmolive. i get a great satisfaction watching them clean up.

$DSCI0695.jpg

wow, that sure did remove the plating. well, they'll still shave the same anyhow. and as others mentioned if you would like to have any razors re plated, chris and nick are usually our go to guys. i myself would just polish em up real good and use them. maybe later down the road id pick up another slim or super adjustable if i so desired.

light and camera flash really brings the copper out.. yuk.. and whhops on me.
Forgot i have a Birthday 1960, s,speed flare tip coming.. Saw it so i ordered...$ 22.00.. Wont soak that one in lysol

wish i would have known that toilet bowl cleaner did that great of a job before i spent $30 on the powdered nickle stripper from caswell, lol. but brasso would really polish up that brass and copper if you would want them to shine up. but do whatever you please, but yes keep the lysol away from the new razors you acquire, lol.

Top Bottom