What's new

Suggestions for Spruce/Fir/Evergreen scented soap?

I have lightfoot pines, mikes p and c and a QED pine but was hoping to find a solid spruce or fir scent- Thank you for your rec's if you have one.

Have you tried anything by Stirling? Their "Coniferous" seems like exactly what you're looking for. Their Ozark Mountain appears to be the favorite, but I think the scent is more subdued than that of "Coniferous" - but who am I kidding, I greatly enjoy both!

I've only sampled Ozark Mountain so far, but I think that would fit with what you are seeking. Still holding out that in the next month or so some of the artisan soap makers will give us a number of choices as they have with fall scents.

2new soaps ordered!!- I'm not familiar with Stirling Soaps so I'm excited all the way around- Thank you for the two excellent suggestions!!

2new soaps ordered!!- I'm not familiar with Stirling Soaps so I'm excited all the way around- Thank you for the two excellent suggestions!!

I don't think you'll be unhappy, especially with Ozark Mountain; I love that one. Not only the shaving soap, but the bath soap (Pig Trail), and aftershave. Great great scent, especially for this time of year.

Coniferous is more straight wood than Ozark, but I prefer Ozark. It's very nice, and I got the matching aftershave splash and had Rod add some menthol to it.

I also have a custom order from Tiki and I asked for pine, spruce, mountain breezes and a hint of peppermint. Turned out great, and Amanda is terrific to work with.

I have both as well. I really like them both but, they are very different. The coniferous is more piney while the ozark is more rain / perfume scented. The ozark reminds me of an old yankee candle the wife used to burn.

Have you tried anything by Stirling? Their "Coniferous" seems like exactly what you're looking for. Their Ozark Mountain appears to be the favorite, but I think the scent is more subdued than that of "Coniferous" - but who am I kidding, I greatly enjoy both!

I've only sampled Ozark Mountain so far, but I think that would fit with what you are seeking. Still holding out that in the next month or so some of the artisan soap makers will give us a number of choices as they have with fall scents.

+2 Both Coniferous and Ozark Mountain are great scents!

I hesitate to suggest this, but some people like it and can get it to lather for them.

Lightfoots Pine smells very nice. I love the scent, I just can't get it to lather.

Mama Bears : Berkley Hills has a strong pine scent, reminds me of really pitchy fresh cut pine...

But the one I really like is Stirlings North Padre......

$IMG_3455.jpg

Ozark Mtn is a great suggestion. If you really like fir, keep an eye out for First Snow by Barrister and Mann later this winter. It has a really nice fir scent.

I added Scotts pine to my Ozark and Coniferous order (and Gin and Tonic ;) and will be looking out for the First Snow. Going to look in to North Padre. Thanks l for the advice and suggestions-!!

I hesitate to suggest this, but some people like it and can get it to lather for them.

Lightfoots Pine smells very nice. I love the scent, I just can't get it to lather.

I love the smell too.

I also could not get it to lather, I used it up in the shower.

Growing up we had what used to be a pine tree nursery in the woods behind our house. The Stirling soaps Scot's Pine and Coniferous are dead on for the scent as I remember it. They smell like the pine trees with a little dirt and forest mixed in. Not a fake pine type cleaning scent at all.

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
The Shave Den Blue Juniper is awesome as well. I have the lanolin version as well as the matching AS splash in both mentholated and I mentholated versions.

Top Bottom