What's new

November 2014 Acquisitions

Status
Not open for further replies.
It did make me fail the November restraint, btw nice seeing a fellow Illinois member you aren't to far from me.

Found this bowl in a charity shop today, it is glazed but has a rough finish inside the bowl and whipped up a nice lather
$bowl.JPG

So I bought this monster, and I'm not entirely sure why. It's seemingly designed for a beginner and I think I'll have my technique down by the time it gets to me in nine months (that's 180 shaves as I use a fusion on the weekends).

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 303
So I bought this monster, and I'm not entirely sure why. It's seemingly designed for a beginner and I think I'll have my technique down by the time it gets to me in nine months (that's 180 shaves as I use a fusion on the weekends).
What is that?

What is that?

Its the beluga razor. It's reported to use DE blades and a spring loaded head to take the skill out of normal DE shaving. Ugly as sin, so it'll go in my medicine cabinet to wait for a lazy day (I'm really getting my angles down so I don't think it'll get much use.

It just started pre-ordering last night.

Looks like a cheese slicer to me.

I thought it looked more like a wood plane.

Just came in on Wednesday. I was the lone bidder at $2.99 plus shipping. I think it cleaned up pretty nice.

$3.jpg$photo.jpg

Attachments

• $1.jpg
    $1.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 265
this was waiting for me today, the result of a wonderful transaction on the BST. he even through in a pack of feathers to try to patch up distrust of humanity LOL. thanks Brian!
$20141107_191454.jpg

It is unused (Schick Type G1)...still had the factory blank blade in it.
Very pretty...now the question: use it or admire it? :001_rolle

Fantastic. To be honest I don't buy razors I don't intend to use, but in your case I'd give serious consideration to buying a user grade version and keep that as is.

Gentlemen, I just added these items to my den:

Central Market: Omega shaving brush.
Italian Barber: 100 Ladas blades and a Parker 24C Open Comb razor.

I will break in the new razor and brush, along with the Ladas blades once I use up my last four Rapira Super Stainless blades. This could take awhile since I am averaging four to five shaves per the Rapira SS blades.

$Blades, Parker 24C, & New Brush.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom