What's new

Good afternoon

Good afternoon everyone,

I'm Conrad a fanatical wet shaver from the Northern Territory in Australia. I am definitely a straight razor man much like my father and grandfather. (Good habits are passed on apparently) Though because I travel regularly with work I am often forced resort to a shavette, or a merkur de for when I am still covered in mud. I am still working my way around a hone and feel that I will never get the hang of it. I look forward to joining in this wonderful forum of like minded individuals.

C,

There is not a problem in the world that cannot be solved with the adequate application of high explosives.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Good afternoon everyone,

I'm Conrad a fanatical wet shaver from the Northern Territory in Australia. I am definitely a straight razor man much like my father and grandfather. (Good habits are passed on apparently) Though because I travel regularly with work I am often forced resort to a shavette, or a merkur de for when I am still covered in mud. I am still working my way around a hone and feel that I will never get the hang of it. I look forward to joining in this wonderful forum of like minded individuals.

C,

There is not a problem in the world that cannot be solved with the adequate application of high explosives.

Welcome to B&B Conrad. Like you, at this stage in my life, I don't have the time/patience to master the hone. However, lapping film will give you a great edge without time or patience. After the initial beveling of the razor, the edge is easily maintained for long term use.

Shavette's are a great maintenance free straight shave also if you find one that suits you. I have a vintage Medical Corps Weck and it gives me absolutely awesome shaves. The blades can even be stropped to help keep the edge. It's quick, convenient and no maintenance.

Welcome! I'm new here myself. This is a great community with lots of good resources. Make yourself comfortable; I'm sure you'll feel right at home.

Top Bottom