What's new

Help with cade plisson loccitane knot

I want to remove the knot and put it in another handle. Also i dont care about the plisson handle and i wouldnt mind destroying the handle to achieve my goal but the knot itself has a metal ring around it and i was hoping someone can help me on how to remove that ring without damaging the knot.

Mike H

Instagram Famous
I would buy one of these and set it in the handle of your choice.

You may well end up ruining both the knot and the handle, but if you really want to remove the knot, it can be done with a dremel tool, cutting wheel, and sanding drum. Major PITA.

A few have had their knot fall out, trade with one of them, I am sure they and you will be happy.

Judging by reading a few 'issue' threads, just give it a few more lathers and it should take care of itself. :w00t:
Ice cold, fellas :p

Yeah, I made a thread the other day about mine falling out. Unfortunately (I guess?) I no longer have my busted one, L'occitane swapped it for a new one, no questions asked. But uh, if you want to know how break it... Basically, I was using my thumb and index finger to squeeze the remaining lather out of the brush for my cleanup pass (I apply with my hand for that pass), pulled a little too hard I guess and the knot popped right out. However, the metal ring stayed completely attached to the fibres, and it's set quite deep actually, not just the little bit you see on the outside.

Obviously, I make no guarantee that this will work for you, I just got lucky that it wasn't any worse. Honestly the way mine fell apart would have worked perfectly for reknotting. But of course, YMMV :p

Here's what it looks like inside

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1414723891013.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1414723891013.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 94
thanks for all your replies :thumbup: but that metal ring is what i want to remove not just the handle and that synthetic knot that mike H linked looks pretty sweet

Interesting thread, as I am considering having a Plisson knot put into a custom handle. That said, I wonder how that custom knot linked by Mike H might compare.

thanks for all your replies :thumbup: but that metal ring is what i want to remove not just the handle and that synthetic knot that mike H linked looks pretty sweet

I wouldn't try removing the metallic ring as that may completely compromise the knot, itself, but if you are daring, try a Dremel and see what happens. Good luck.

Why not try popping the
metal housing out with
a knife? If you salvage
the handle, someone may
trade something for it.
Just a thought.

Top Bottom