What's new

My Second Shaver Joe Brush

Yesterday I received my second Shaver Joe Brush. It is an awesome brush on every level. The handle is absolutely stunning! And this custom brush only took 6 days from initial contact to receiving it at my doorstep.

The first brush that I got from Shaver Joe was one that he had already made, and since I liked it and it met the specs I wanted, I ordered it. I had always wanted to try a TGN knot, and it turned out that the TGN 2-band Finest (fan) truly impressed me. I was so impressed, as a matter of fact, that I contacted Joe about another one, this time in a bulb.

This brush is a custom from the ground up. I liked a photo that he had posted of a yellow & black Chubby style handle, but I wanted a Harvard or PJ style, specifically between 55-60mm in length. I let Joe pick which one. He went with the Harvard at 57mm – excellent! Not only does this handle look incredible, the weight and balance feel perfect.

I also went with Joe’s expertise on the best knot size and loft for the TGN 2-band Finest bulb. I had initially inquired about a 24/48-50, so this one is 24/49.

Like I previously mentioned, it only took 6 days to get this new brush. I’ll break it down exactly:

Oct 23: My first email to Joe about a second brush, this time in bulb
Oct 24: Handle decision made with a photo AND video clip (now that’s cool – a nice touch indeed!)
Oct 26: Brush completed with a photo
Oct 27: Brush shipped w/tracking #
Oct 29: Brush arrived at my house

I couldn’t have asked for a better customer experience. I’ve included the photo that Joe sent me, and my own photo (post bloom) alongside the first brush. I really like these brushes!

$ShaverJoeBulb.jpg

View attachment 513541

Congrats on the new brush....I too own Shaverjoe brushes....5 to be exact, one just arrived today.....Joe is terrific to deal with, manufactures stunning and beautifully well made brushes and as the op mentions above delivers in record time. His brushes have overtaken my den and pushed out my bespoke Simpsons including Manchurians and even most of my M&F's. That is how good they are!!

Are they both 24mm knots? The one on the right looks more like a 22. Maybe it's the fan vs. bulb shape that's throwing me off.

Are they both 24mm knots? The one on the right looks more like a 22. Maybe it's the fan vs. bulb shape that's throwing me off.

They are both 24mm knots. However, the bulb may have spec'd out a little bigger, post bloom.

Nice brushes! Joe is a great guy to deal with. When working with him you know he is trying to deliver what you want and how you want it. Great communicator as well.

That's very nice. Look in first picture, almost looks like a smiling Casper the Friendly Ghost face at the bottom.

Top Bottom