What's new

A Gift from a Friend

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
What? That can't be right? How did you get Marie's....unless you got your package. Now your messing with me.
Yip you got it............I mean I got it, It was on the doorstep when I got home. Now I need another shot of Chili. Pics to follow.

No time for a spoon, I need to Slap ya Mama.

$20141031_163640.jpg

Last edited:

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Actually, I have never tried the "Slap ya Mama" hot sauce. I have the rub though. It is good with seafood. I love the name.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Actually, I have never tried the "Slap ya Mama" hot sauce. I have the rub though. It is good with seafood. I love the name.
It is on the mild side of things but taste very nice. I like the name as well.

On my way home I called into Ontrays for a few things and picked up the Fire dragon Xtra hot as I had not tried it myself. Sorry no photos of the store. The shop keeper warned me this one was hot and to take care........... yeah right........so this is what I must do.

$20141031_165328.jpg

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Who would have guessed that Aarons and my packages would arrive on the same day, sent from half a world apart.
This is a very generous and well thought out box. There is some none cooking related.

The small bird arrowhead is way cool, after all the chili is gone that will be a lasting memory.
Now I have a little piece of Texas in Aotearoa.

I can not say thank you enough.

$20141031_163505.jpg

Last edited:

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Yes Sir, no Sir...thank you.

Good shot. It looks like the RazoRock soap samples didn't melt. Those Mild Bill chili powder packs look top notch. I wish I would have ordered two of each. Looks like We've got some cooking(and shaving) to do. Enjoy.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Plenty of cooking ahead for sure. For those who don't understand we just don't get the variety of Chili powder here in NZ. Most of the Chili powder just says Chili and you don't know what type of chili made it. Mild Bill has done a top notch job at packing for sure.
I took a good smell of the Salt Lick rub and it smells nice. I think I may try and use it as something to aim for in making my own rub.

The soap made it here in good condition with no melt down.

Talking of cooking now I have to try and make some Lamb tamales. I got the Masa and corn husks today and I have some Lamb Tenderloins which were sitting in the freezer waiting for the right meal, I think they will work well for this.

Last edited:

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Checkout YouTube for tamale making. It's been awhile but some of the videos show old school Mexican women making them.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Pizza, Guinness and a little hot sauce for tonights dinner. I think the Fire Dragon Chili sauce- Smoky Dragon is in order.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Nothing in it per se. I'm cooking it to go inside a few of the Tameles. I have cooked it with not meat and put though the blender, back in the pot to simmer for it to come together. Meat for the Tameles is Lamb Tenderloins.

$20141101_132511.jpg

Last edited:

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I swirled up the Irish Moos this morning. Very nice and yogurty. Very easy to lather and nice and slick.The scent is little like ArKo but better. Thanks for the sample.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Glad you enjoyed it. I just can not understand why they discontinued it. They also make Tabac, same soap but different scent, a very much YMMV for the scent. It's a winter scent for me.
I don't get the Arko link with Da Moos, have you been huffing the Chili :lol:

The Hatch Chili was nice in the sauce base I made for the Tamales. There was plenty of left over sauce so I have refreshed it some more ingredients for a Chicken Chili. When I told the Mrs on what I had planned to do she insisted I was for tonight dinner. She turned her nose up at my roasting a piece of the Rib Eye Roll, guess that can wait for another day.
Added to the Chili is Chicken, Paprika, more sautéed onions & capsicum and chicken stock.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Breakfast was a protein fruit smoothie with dollop of Maunka Honey and a boiled egg with Fire Dragon Chilies Smoked hot sauce.

$IMG_0404.jpg

Top Bottom