What's new

Badger & Blade on Facebook

thanks.they came in upside down on my OP.this is going be my new way to post pics.

Forgive my ignorance. As a Facebook member on B&B you can post pics on the Facebook page?

Just went to the page. I think I get how this all works. Nicely done!

Last edited:
The Facebook page has some nice info on there but I would guess most of us just login here and search through the threads for new stuff as everything is here and easy to find.
But to be honest I don't really spend much time on FB anyway so I would probably do the same for any Forum.

The Facebook page has some nice info on there but I would guess most of us just login here and search through the threads for new stuff as everything is here and easy to find.
But to be honest I don't really spend much time on FB anyway so I would probably do the same for any Forum.

Thanks Warren.

Personally I think it seems to be a good way of making potential new members aware of B&B rather than a place for exisitng members look around.
The B&B forum here is great place to spend some time so I find I have no need to look elsewhere, again this might just be my general lack of interest in FB though.

Last edited:
Personally I think it seems to be a good way of making potential new members aware of B&B rather than a place for exisitng members look around.
The B&B forum here is great place to spend some time so I find I have no need to look elswhere, again this might just be my general lack of interest in FB though.

Agreed.

The B&B forum here is great place to spend some time so I find I have no need to look elsewhere, again this might just be my general lack of interest in FB though.

+1. I don't currently have a FB account, but I used to. It's definitely neat to catch up with some old acquaintances, but it turns into a huge time sink and one more thing to do. I haven't regretted deleting my account.

Any and all constructive criticism regarding B&B and its presence/role on social media is greatly appreciated and welcome.

How can we make it better for our membership?
I don't know if its really necessary to spread B&B onto FB / Twitter / Google+ / etc.

While we need to maintain a "presence" on other social media sites, I don't see that it needs to be anything more than just one page where current members can go for information and updates in case the B&B main site goes down for maintenance or other reasons. There's nothing to gain by trying to enhance it or add more features.

While I participate in other wet-shaving groups on FB to talk about shaving, they don't have all the other features like B&B does, like The Clown House and The Mess Hall and The Speakeasy and the other various sub-forums. Then there's also Reviews and the Shave-Wiki that make B&B such a marvelous resource and a fun place to be. You can't easily duplicate those features on FB.

I think that if you try and beef up the B&B FB page, it will turn into a complicated mess. K.I.S.S. as they say. If anything, it should be streamlined and simplified as much as possible, and merely point potential members back here, where the real action is.

merely point potential members back here, where the real action is.
This is very much how I feel. You can either open it to general public on FB or use it to point people in this direction. I prefer the later.
Besides, I don't want FB&Co harassing with mainstream shaving stuff because their algorithms are telling them I am interested on shaving products.

Last edited:
I have B&B liked and I'm a follower. As already stated it doesn't seem very active. I check FB at least once a day since I am a member of several groups. Thanks for the heads up Tony!

<edit> I just read this entire thread and agree that the primary use for our Facebook page should be to direct potential members here.

Last edited:
I don't know if its really necessary to spread B&B onto FB / Twitter / Google+ / etc.

While we need to maintain a "presence" on other social media sites, I don't see that it needs to be anything more than just one page where current members can go for information and updates in case the B&B main site goes down for maintenance or other reasons. There's nothing to gain by trying to enhance it or add more features.

While I participate in other wet-shaving groups on FB to talk about shaving, they don't have all the other features like B&B does, like The Clown House and The Mess Hall and The Speakeasy and the other various sub-forums. Then there's also Reviews and the Shave-Wiki that make B&B such a marvelous resource and a fun place to be. You can't easily duplicate those features on FB.

I think that if you try and beef up the B&B FB page, it will turn into a complicated mess. K.I.S.S. as they say. If anything, it should be streamlined and simplified as much as possible, and merely point potential members back here, where the real action is.

Outstanding insight.

I would like to associate myself with the gentleman's remarks.

OK, so how about this idea?

Adjust the settings of the B&B social media groups so that ONLY GROUP ADMINS CAN POST TO THE PAGE. The general public can see the page, anyone that wants to join can do so and follow the page and get notifications of updates. But only admins can post new topics.

There can be a new sub-forum created to collect feedback about the Social Media pages. It can go under, but should be separate from, the Site Feedback forum we already have.

Important topics that I would want to see on FB and other social media pages?
  • The Annual Sue Moore Auction.
  • Membership Recruiting and Contributor Drives.
  • Announcements about reaching Milestones, like our 60,000th member, or the 10 year Anniversary.
  • Announcements of the New Logo Design.
  • Site-wide contests, but not individual PIFs.
  • Appointments of New Stewards and retirement of Moderators Emeriti.
  • Updates about B&B.com maintenance or crashes.
  • Etc.

#K.I.S.S.

Last edited:
I have followed the Facebook page for a while now, but find it doesn't get updated much. I am part of a couple shave groups on Facebook and find myself distancing myself from them. I like coming to the badgerandblade.com page and leaving the other groups on Facebook....I don't want to see BandB become like the other groups and all the drama and fanboyism and buttock smooching. I like BandB because its NOT Facebook.

I just joined Twitter recently (curiosity) and "followed" B&B there. Have never received a tweet. Apparently not very active?

Top Bottom