What's new

Sidecar proportions

What proportions (cognac:cointreau:lemon) do you prefer to use for your Sidecars? Most bars here in Stockholm seem to go for 1:1:1 (and then sometimes throw in some simpe syrup to balance all the acid from the lemon), but I find that makes the lemon totally overpowering in relation to the cognac. My personal aim is 2:1:1, which lets the cognac stand out against a nice balance of sweetnes and "citrusness". Some (e.g. Robert Hess) even go for 4:2:1, which I find too sweet. What's your favorite? Does it vary depending on the brand of cognac used?

The only sidecar I ever had used bourbon instead of cognac. It was pretty good, but a little too sweet for me from what I recall.

The Google has told me 1.5:1:0.5 in the first recipe I found.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
These are my sidecar proportions:

$cow-sidecar.jpg

$sidecar_epoca.jpg

$Sidecar-53.jpg

Here is the side car recipe, according to the IBA (International Association of Bartenders):

specified ingredients*
  • 5 cl Cognac
  • 2 cl Triple Sec
  • 2 cl lemon juice

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Here is the side car recipe, according to the IBA (International Association of Bartenders):

specified ingredients*
  • 5 cl Cognac
  • 2 cl Triple Sec
  • 2 cl lemon juice
Blackbard:
Perfecto (went to our 'waterin hole' yesterday and had a couple....2:1:1 ratio was awesome)!!
proxy.php

[FONT=&amp]
proxy.php
"The Sidecar is in the Book of Cognac...which is part of the Four Gospels of Cocktail ". Doug Pegu[/FONT]

Last edited:
Top Bottom