What's new

Jian Ghomeshi

Soooo......

$awkward.gif

How 'bout them Giants... amiright...

I don't know who is telling the truth. What he does in private is really his own business, but when several come forward to say the same thing, it gets complicated. If it did happen they way the girlfriends say, it is strange that no one came forward before. It could be Gomeshi's best defense is to go on the offense as well.

I can see why he was dropped though, mmost of their on-air talent have morality clauses in their contracts that basically say if you act too naughty for our conservative tastes, you are out.

Yeah, no real side to cheer for here. It all started coming out surprisingly and suddenly, especially for something that apparently goes back at least 12 years and probably more.

I got to listen to the CBC broadcast this morning where Lucy Decoutere called in to "the Current". It all sounds odd. I can't imagine that all of these accounts are fabricated, but it all still seams so out of place to me.

If these accounts are accurate and Jian was being violent, I feel like we are losing a great contributor to the arts and to CBC Radio. In his career he had done a lot that made us proud to call him Canadian. It's a shame to lose that.

I agree, but the long hang time is typical in sexual assault cases. It usually takes one brave enough to come forward, case in point would be Saint Vincent's.

I think its pretty naive for him to think that a public broadcaster should hang on to him with these allegations. Public appetite is shrinking rapidly for these types, as we only need to look at pro athletes.

Scotty

I agree, but the long hang time is typical in sexual assault cases. It usually takes one brave enough to come forward, case in point would be Saint Vincent's.

I think its pretty naive for him to think that a public broadcaster should hang on to him with these allegations. Public appetite is shrinking rapidly for these types, as we only need to look at pro athletes.

Scotty

I can almost guarantee there is a behaviour or morality clause in his contract. I have heard other CBC personalities state as much, no reason to believe Gomeshi's is any different.

He may very well be a creep who likes to beat up women and thought he could get away with it because he was a rock star, something he likes to bring up frequently. If that is the case I hope that justice is served appropriately. Time will tell.

...If these accounts are accurate and Jian was being violent, I feel...
sorry for the victims?
Time will heal everything but, if what I read is true, it must be terrible for the victims. Sad that it took so long for someone to come forward and I hope no one else gets hurt.

Starting off I will say, I am a cynical person by nature. I have met him, and have friends who have met him also. I can only speculate on actual circumstances regarding the abuse allegations. What I do know for sure is, he is a massive jerk. The height of arrogance. A vile, disgusting person let alone the news of this story. I am part of a small group who thought his talk show(s) were tripe. This skews my opinion, and if these allegations are indeed true, I hope he lands in jail for a very long time (although we all know celebrities are exempt from the law as we as citizens know it. see: Rob "Piggy" Ford). According to our country's soon to be abolished charter of rights, accused persons are innocent until proven guilty. But I, for one, do not believe for a second that he is innocent. I'm confident stating, Jian is a woman beater.

sorry for the victims?
Time will heal everything but, if what I read is true, it must be terrible for the victims. Sad that it took so long for someone to come forward and I hope no one else gets hurt.

My sympathy is with the victims. Sorry I don't make that more plain. This is why I am referring to Lucy's account and don't bother to mention Jian's Fb posts or anything regarding his law suit etc. My point is that if he put these women through trauma I can never again listen to him and will feel that all the times in the past that I had enjoyed his show I was being lied to.

Jian Ghomeshi's broadcast career is done in the english speaking world. I'm not surprised the Crisis Communications and Reputation Management firm Navigator cut ties with him, I was little surprised Jian's other PR firm an entertainment publicity and lifestyle PR shop called Rock-It took another day to cut ties. The guy is an evil jerk and a terror to work for regardless if you were a woman or not. I do think the CBC has some awkward questions to answer on why they enabled Jian's behaviour for so long by looking the other way. There's tons of stuff I want to post here but I'm too much a gentleman.

Oh yeah, nothing is more pathetic than an aging hipster hitting on (and hitting) women young enough to be his daughter. I truly hope his victims get the help they need to heel.

Since I avoid CBC Radio and limit my viewing of CBC TV to non-Leaf games on HNIC, I've never heard or seen this guy, so I figured I didn't have a dog in this hunt and wouldn't comment.
Then I remembered I'm a Canadian taxpayer, making me this guy's employer. So yeah, I guess I do have a say in this matter.
Apparently the Mothercorp hired a flak catching crisis management company to formulate a strategy in dealing with the inevitable exposure of this guy's, ummm, interesting off-air hobbies.
I paid for this cover up, at the same time I was paying this guy's wages.
De-fund the CBC, make them earn their way like private broadcasters and then I could care less what their staff do in their spare time.

Since I avoid CBC Radio and limit my viewing of CBC TV to non-Leaf games on HNIC, I've never heard or seen this guy, so I figured I didn't have a dog in this hunt and wouldn't comment.
Then I remembered I'm a Canadian taxpayer, making me this guy's employer. So yeah, I guess I do have a say in this matter.
Apparently the Mothercorp hired a flak catching crisis management company to formulate a strategy in dealing with the inevitable exposure of this guy's, ummm, interesting off-air hobbies.
I paid for this cover up, at the same time I was paying this guy's wages.
De-fund the CBC, make them earn their way like private broadcasters and then I could care less what their staff do in their spare time.

The way I look it at it...we pay the wages of the CBC. We also pay the wages of private radio stations, by being customers of the companies that advertise on private radio stations. The advertisers wouldn't be able to exist...if the average Joe did not buy their products.

Same deal whether public of private radio/TV stations in my mind.

I'm an avid listener of CBC Radio 2. Once in a blue moon I'll tune in to one of the bazillion Astral Media stations, and am quickly disgusted at what feels like mass market bombardment rather than radio. I get it that some Canadians don't want to fund a public broadcaster, but I am not one of them.

I'm an avid listener of CBC Radio 2. Once in a blue moon I'll tune in to one of the bazillion Astral Media stations, and am quickly disgusted at what feels like mass market bombardment rather than radio. I get it that some Canadians don't want to fund a public broadcaster, but I am not one of them.

I've listened to CBC....both AM and FM for more than 50 years. It actually used to be great radio. The broadcasters/hosts were professional, bright and balanced.

Unfortunately for at least the past 20 years the AM has sunk to levels , not much better than some of the poorer commercial stations.

In my area, I cannot support CBC, particularly AM and TV. They are not what they used to be and at this point I've given up hope that they will ever return to the quality broadcasts and professional staff. In my area they are the leftist extreme of broadcasting...just as bad in their own way as some extreme right broadcasters.

I really enjoyed Q, sucks that it had to go down this way. Everyone has skeletons in their closet... his just happened to hurt other people so shame on him.

Top Bottom