What's new

Latest acquisition from France. MdC in all it's glory!

Since I enjoy looking at other members latest acquisitions, I figured I would share my latest and greatest. Without further ado. My MdC order and its grand unveiling.

So the question is. Where to start original or fougere? I have to say both scents are great but, the fougere is really intoxicating. I think that's the way I am leaning.

I will post my thoughts once I get a chance to lather these bad boys up.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 397
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 395
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 396
Terrific!

you will enjoy the Huile De Coprah aftershave balm. Often overshadowed by the soap, it's a wonderful product.

Id say start with the Fougere if that's your first instinct.

Nice. For whatever it's worth, I found the travel size jar a little challenging to lather from, but the product transfers pretty well enough to another tin, mug, whatever, if you wanted to scoop it out and move it. It is a nice little jar, though.

Try the Fougere and tell us what it's like!

I agree with Steelman. The post-have oil is very nice. I think you'll like it.

Wet shaving newb here. I've read about MDC, but can you explain what products match up to the pictures? I recognize the "brain bowl" and I guess the little jar is some kind of travel-size version?

Wet shaving newb here. I've read about MDC, but can you explain what products match up to the pictures? I recognize the "brain bowl" and I guess the little jar is some kind of travel-size version?
Sure. I purchased the "Brain Bowl" kit it has the soap, the Huile de Vegetal (aftershave balm) and a free alum block.

Left to right there is the Brain Bowl, AS Balm, Fougere Jar, free shampoo sample, alum, free fougere soap sample and in the back is a bag of their bath soap.

I had my first experience this morning. I ended up going withe the original, my 6yo son wanted me to use the "cool Brain bowl". I have to say this is as advertised. Not sure if it was the expectations or my pre conceived perception but, the soap felt special the second it hit the water. The lather literally erupted from my scuttle like a volcano. The lather was extremely slick and bountiful. Upon application the strong yet clean scent really added to the experience and I had an excellent lather in no time. I used my ATT R2 with a new feather and I have to say it was one of the better shaves I have had in a while. It just felt really good on all accounts. I followed up with the Huille De vegetal AS balm. I am glad I was forewarned as a little really does go a long way. I used a little less than a pea sized ball and split it up on both cheeks. The balm is a solid consistency but, when it warms and is rubbed into the face it melts into a really nice moisturizing coating. I can see how over application would be oily but, when used in the correct dosage this stuff is excellent. The two products created an exceptional shaving experience with one of the best post shave feels I have had to date.

Here's a couple From today's shave.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 263
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 257
I am just finishing my second week with MdC original, taking a while getting the hang of it with my rotation of brushes and enjoying every shave.

Their website -- it does help to know some French -- calculates shipping charges so you can order extra stuff (which my wife appreciated) to help reduce the pain of the cost. I entered my order on a Monday afternoon. The package arrived at my Connecticut doorstep Saturday. Superior service and packaging, and quality products, fairly priced. Highly recommended.

Last edited:
I have both scents and while I love Fougere, I really love the original scent of my brain bowl. I find myself using the brain bowl more.

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
I have the Fougere right now and I love it, but I too prefer the Original. It's an absolutely beautiful fragrance. I've read some people don't like it but I can't imagine why...

Very nice. Now I have another addition to my "to buy" list.

Yeah, same here BSAGuy. A good friend on here suggested I call Damon at Old Town Shaving but I emailed him asking how much? He didn't get back with me, at least yet. For you guys who have ordered from Old Town, could you provide us with a couple of prices from him? Unless I missed it, I don't see any prices for MdC on his website??

It is considerably more expensive to order from Old Town Shaving. You will get it quicker though. He only carries the glass jars, no brain bowl.

I got the feeling that he just orders MdC from the website, and then sells to the consumer to make a profit. I want to say he was charging 70 plus shipping, where as the MdC site is 49.47 plus shipping. And their shipping is pretty reasonable from France. If you want a few things, the shipping is almost the same as OTS. I think I paid 12 dollars shipping for my brain bowl and Fougere order from France.

Last edited:
Top Bottom