What's new

Need a recomendation

Hello,

Don't usually post in this section of the forum.

I have acquired a box of very well used, and I suspect inoperable fountain pens. Mostly Watermans. I suspect they would only be useable with some, perhaps substantial, repair and restoration.

I have ZERO interest in pursuing this hobby myself, and would like to see about offering them to a dealer of such devices.

Can anyone involved in this hobby recommend a reputable dealer, perhaps even one that is a member here???

I do not expect to get rich off of these items, but I refuse to just throw something in the garbage, particularly if it has some appeal to someone else.

TIA.

Beerman

FYI, here's a photo of said pens. The one at the top seems to be an early mechanical pencil, which does seem functional, although low on lead. Not sure if lead is still produced that would fit such an item. Says "Patent applied for" so I figure this is way old.

$PA280413.jpg

Last edited:
That faux wood-grain pen (2nd from top) might be pretty desirable. Old Waterman fountain pens are usually in demand, particularly if they have a flexible nib in good condition. Can you take some closeup photos of the nibs? The Parker 51 is also a nice pen and quite popular with certain members of this forum. :001_rolle Most pens can be cleaned up and restored to operating condition without too much effort or expense, as long as the nibs aren't broken or damaged.

Hi,

Here's the requested photos. I was however, contacted and have arranged to sell them to another kind member here for the grand sum of $50. My wife thought these were JUNK and was insisting I throw them away. The ability to tell her I sold them for enough to take her out to dinner is PRICELESS. She's NEVER going to live this down. Thank you Penned!!!!

$PA300414.jpg$PA300415.jpg$PA300416.jpg

I believe that the pen ID'd as a Parker 51, is actually an Eversharpe. The one with the Ring-Top is unbranded (that I can see) and the three bigger ones are Watermans. The one at the top is a Waterman pencil. FWIW.

Beerman

Last edited:
Hi,
I believe that the pen ID'd as a Parker 51, is actually an Eversharpe. The one with the Ring-Top is unbranded (that I can see) and the three bigger ones are Watermans. The one at the top is a Waterman pencil. FWIW.
Beerman
You are correct, that is NOT a Parker 51. I can't confirm the ever sharp though. My bad.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Repaired, there's at least $500 in hard rubber pens there, too bad you've been so hasty.

"Sumgai" is that mysterious person who shows up at a yard sale, flea market, antique shop, etc. and scoops up all the bargain pens just before you get there. Usually identified by the seller who announces "Some guy was just in here yesterday (or 5 minutes ago) and bought that big box of useless fountain pens for $10." :angry:

"Sumgai" is that mysterious person who shows up at a yard sale, flea market, antique shop, etc. and scoops up all the bargain pens just before you get there. Usually identified by the seller who announces "Some guy was just in here yesterday (or 5 minutes ago) and bought that big box of useless fountain pens for $10." :angry:

Grrrr.... that guy. He's the one who's foiled my quests for a 1937 Sheraton or an early 1950s Rhodium plated Executive on the odd chances I have to browse at an antique store.

also guys by "sniper" when you see his "jet-wash" on the bay

Can't believe a B&B member would take advantage of his fellows.
I don't hesitate to snag a bargain from an eBay seller or an antique dealer who should know better (or can certainly find out with minimal research), but I'd never try to take advantage of a comrade who comes in here asking for advice and information.

Top Bottom