What's new

Pelikan M600 Ruby Red

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I find myself, once again, longing for this pen.

Has anyone seen it "Live?" Is it as beautiful as in the pictures?

It's not cheap.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
It is more translucent than it looks in pictures, similar to many in the "Cities" collection. Fortunately I'm very satisfied with my older pens and not lusting after these new ones as Pelikan (as other manufacturers) seems to have really jacked up the MSRP.

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
I would really like to own that Red/Tortoise Pelican. Doug is right though, prices are way out there.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
proxy.php

Oh Holy Heck!!! That is a beautiful pen! I have that same pen in a 320 size with a medium nib for my wine journal. Loaded it up with Diamine Syrah and it is a crazy smooth combo that looks and writes like what I am tasting. My 320 size is small. Smaller than I thought it would be, but gorgeous, so I cant even imagine how that will look in the larger size.

As Nemo stated, it is definately way more translucent in person than what I had seen in pictures. It really something to see. So to answer your question Musicman, it is in my opinion more beautiful than the pictures. I was extremely surprised when I opened my box and saw it first hand.

Not sure what prices you are looking at for the 600 size so can't tell you to pull the trigger on it or not... I can tell you that my 320 in ruby is beautiful and well worth what I paid for it to me. B&B Disclaimer: YMMV

Let me know if you end up buying the pen and what you think of it.

Top Bottom