What's new

Work rant anyone else!

Where I work we have groups of 4 cubicles that are open in the middle with high walls around the outside. The guy who sits opposite of the wall from me talks to himself ALL day. I don’t mean sometimes I mean all day. Not just a little comment here and there. I mean “lets see what was I doing. O yea enter password open my email. Who was it I was going to call, lets see click people search. Sue Johnson S U E….. “
Come on are you kidding me!
I have headphones in most of the day
Man DUDE COME ON

Oh I have plenty of things I could rant about regarding work but it'll be just too confusing. Let's just say this: One of my biggest complaints is my reporting structure (i.e. the department I report to). I work in one area, but report to another. The two are in no way related. I could go on about it, but that's the bare minimum summary.

My officemates drool

$IMG_20120910_164335_309.jpg

I constantly have to remind myself to appreciate that I have a job that pays well and has great benefits.

Having said that, my coworker eats chips with his mouth wide open. Major pet peeve of mine. On top of that, there's no way for us to drown out the sound because we're not authorized any outside devices - not even a cassette player.

I constantly have to remind myself to appreciate that I have a job that pays well and has great benefits.

Having said that, my coworker eats chips with his mouth wide open. Major pet peeve of mine. On top of that, there's no way for us to drown out the sound because we're not authorized any outside devices - not even a cassette player.
I work for a military vehicle company. I thought our policies against electronics were strict. At least I can have an MP3 player

I'm sorry, but I was told that I could listen to the radio at a reasonable volume from nine to eleven. I told Bill that if Sandra is going to listen to her headphones while she's filing then I should be able to listen to the radio while I'm collating so I don't see why I should have to turn down the radio because I enjoy listening at a reasonable volume from nine to eleven. And I said, I don't care if they lay me off either, because I told, I told Bill that if they move my desk one more time, then, then I'm, I'm quitting, I'm going to quit. And, and I told Don too, because they've moved my desk four times already this year, and I used to be over by the window, and I could see the squirrels, and they were married, but then, they switched from the Swingline to the Boston stapler, but I kept my Swingline stapler because it didn't bind up as much, and I kept the staples for the Swingline stapler and it's not okay because if they take my stapler then I'll set the building on fire...

My boss just had us send him a list of all the problems we have with all of the other departments. Mandatory. Oh yea, Monday is going to be fun. Thats just good management style there.

They want me to pull my production schedule from our MIS system every day, instead of using and updating the production schedule I've made in Google Docs (and shared with everyone). Nobody in this freaking company gets how awesome Google Docs are for business! We just switched to Google as our email provider for work. Everyone complains and talks about how Outlook was so much better. Really???

I could go into more details, but it wouldn't make much sense to anyone.

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but I was told that I could listen to the radio at a reasonable volume from nine to eleven. I told Bill that if Sandra is going to listen to her headphones while she's filing then I should be able to listen to the radio while I'm collating so I don't see why I should have to turn down the radio because I enjoy listening at a reasonable volume from nine to eleven. And I said, I don't care if they lay me off either, because I told, I told Bill that if they move my desk one more time, then, then I'm, I'm quitting, I'm going to quit. And, and I told Don too, because they've moved my desk four times already this year, and I used to be over by the window, and I could see the squirrels, and they were married, but then, they switched from the Swingline to the Boston stapler, but I kept my Swingline stapler because it didn't bind up as much, and I kept the staples for the Swingline stapler and it's not okay because if they take my stapler then I'll set the building on fire...
Classic movie!

Sometimes I feel isolated working at home in a foreign country and wish I had a 'normal job' that gave me the chance to interact with other people every day but there's no way I could deal with the petty rules many companies seem to enforce these days.

Sometimes I feel isolated working at home in a foreign country and wish I had a 'normal job' that gave me the chance to interact with other people every day but there's no way I could deal with the petty rules many companies seem to enforce these days.

Yeah... like pants... You don't need pants to work at a desk!

Sometimes I feel exposed working in an office in a foreign country and wish I had a job that lessened my interactions with most of the other numpties I have to work with, but there's no way I could deal with the issues of working at home.
:)

Had one of my students sneeze right into my mouth earlier this week. As I was talking him through a math problem he was struggling with, he let out a big sneeze right into my open mouth. I could quite literally feel the moment I caught his cold. It amazes me how some of these kids can walk around all day with snot dripping down their faces and have it not seem to bother them. I also love it when then go back and blow their nose, use hand sanitizer, come back to their desk and start chewing on their pencil which they then grab with their hand again. This same hand that they immediately wipe their noses with and then come tug on my shirt when they need something.

I've said it for years, teaching has given me the strongest immune system around.

Top Bottom