What's new

Celebration! I can get a straight.. Someday! :P

Just wanted to post this to share in my small celebration! Lol

My wife and I were chatting this evening. All of a sudden the thought came to my head to see if she would support me in getting a straight..

I asked her, "So, you know in any Apocalypse situation I wouldn't be able to shave..?"

Armed with knowledge from the B&B forums and the wiki, I demonstrated that the straight razor is the perfect tool for apocalypse survival.

I noted that if I got one after college that we'd have the funds to afford good tools for honing and a good strop as well as a blade that will last. I also mentioned that I would need one as soon as possible so as to learn the art BEFORE the apocalyptic supply shock of DE blades..

Anyway, somewhere in there and with some conversation not related to the Apocalypse, she wholeheartedly agreed that I should get one when I'm a working man...

Much easier than I thought it would be..:p. I'm excited already, and I've 4 years of grad school left![emoji322][emoji310] [emoji322]

That's great. Plenty of time to watch some vids, practice your lather, and get your degrees!

See ya' in 4, if not before . . . .

Did you get it in writing??? Four years is a long time, she may not remember that she agreed...

Any way, good luck with the grad school :thumbup1:

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
You do realize that the only reason she's said YES now is to give you time to move on from the "phase" she thinks you're in now, right? :tongue_sm

If you want to try it out earlier, I have a cheap shavette that I threw in an amazon order to get free shipping and have never used. It takes half a DE blade and I could throw in a few of those as well. I would be more than happy to pif it to you. It is not the best quality by any means, but it is a way to start.
PM me if you are interested.

Permission from the War Department...yeah, I'd definitely get that in writing.
proxy.php

Ha, all of your comments are great! Hopefully it is a Christmas present! I'm going to drop hints for the next month and a half to see where I can get with her.

I have this feeling that she might think it is a phase. Heck, I thought it was a month ago before I shaved for the first time in a year. Now I really don't see the reason to go back... It feels great and is really fun!

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Point her towards whipped dog or some of the hobbyist posts her with a "Honey, what do you think about this?"
Be sure to leave it on the screen as you shower, eat dinner, go potty, whatever ..... but give her every chance to "surprise you" by being able to "secretly" record what you're looking at. :whistling:

Point her towards whipped dog or some of the hobbyist posts her with a "Honey, what do you think about this?"
Be sure to leave it on the screen as you shower, eat dinner, go potty, whatever ..... but give her every chance to "surprise you" by being able to "secretly" record what you're looking at. :whistling:
Ha, my wife and I were listening to a fight between my brother-in-law and father-in-law about a girl he's dating this morning in the basement..

While we were spying I pulled up Whipped Dog and started looking at Straights. She kept commenting on how cool and sophisticated they looked.

She then asked me the dreaded question -- what kind should she buy if she were to get me one? Sounds like time to do real research on blades! Lol, thanks for the advice.. It may work!

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
The right answer is "Maybe in a few years, dear" but then leaving the screens open. Let her think she's surprising you.

Top Bottom