What's new

Rapira SS Blades

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414650011.880888.jpg

How many shaves do you get from this blade?

I'm on my 3rd shave and it's starting to tug.

This is my first Rapira blade I try.

I wanted to try it because it's getting good ratings.

Two great shaves. Third try rarely works. However, price is right on a $/per shave basis. I always retire more expensive blades (Gillettes at @ $ 20 per 100) by 4'th shave

I find these to be the roughest of the 4 Moscow blades I've tried (Plat Lux, Swedish Super Steel, Voskhod and this one) but perhaps it's a bit sharper than the Plat Lux and Voskhod. They are definitely the cheapest and most commonly available. I toss these after 2.

I find these to be the roughest of the 4 Moscow blades I've tried (Plat Lux, Swedish Super Steel, Voskhod and this one) but perhaps it's a bit sharper than the Plat Lux and Voskhod. They are definitely the cheapest and most commonly available. I toss these after 2.

+1

They are a fine, basic cheap blade. I bought 100 a long time ago on BestShave.net for $6-$7. They are a great blade for the money. If you remove the cost from the equation, Rapira Lux would be my favorite of the Rapira line followed by the Voskhod.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I get 5 shaves on average from that one.

I've been using the Rapira Platinum Lux this week, and on the 4th shave, it's still working great. As far as price, I can get either the SS or the Platinum for the same cost. Haven't tried the SS yet, but with what I am reading, I might skip it now.

Last edited:
If the price of the Plats and the SS are nearly equal to you, I'd skip the SS.

I've been using the Rapira Platinum Lux this week, and on the 4th shave, it's still working great. As far as price, I can get either the SS or the Platinum for the cost. Haven't tried the SS yet, but with what I am reading, I might skip it now.

3 shaves at the most for me. They tugged to start with but I did cork them and it definitely helped. I really didn't like them on my neck though.

They're not bad. It's just that the others are even better. And pricing indicates that they're sold as the low end of the Moscow (Mostochlegmash) line. But of course some may prefer them to the higher priced sibs. Just like many prefer Shark SS to Shark SC. Or 7 O'Clock Yellow vs. Green and Blue. Each has their takers.

The other Rapira Stainless in the 2 color package are an excellent blade as far as I find. I'm sure these 2 are not so far apart from each other. Like any other blade, go easy on the first shave then it's excellently smooth for another couple or 3.

The other Rapira Stainless in the 2 color package are an excellent blade as far as I find. I'm sure these 2 are not so far apart from each other. Like any other blade, go easy on the first shave then it's excellently smooth for another couple or 3.

Thanks I'll try this out

3 for me, and I didn't really care for those. The non stripe Stainless ones lasted a fourth and shaved a little better for me. My favorite were Platinum Lux.

But If anyone has Platinum Lux blades and wants to trade for either of the Stainless Rapira (since everyone has their own preference),PM me.

Top Bottom