What's new

3 years!

Well this is about a month late, but I have completed 3 years of DE shaving. Time flies when you've found a better way to shave. Aside from being tempted to stockpile creams, I've saved some serious money on blades. Meanwhile, my electric razor and disposable cartridges have collected dust!!

Looking forward to many more years...

Well this is about a month late, but I have completed 3 years of DE shaving. Time flies when you've found a better way to shave. Aside from being tempted to stockpile creams, I've saved some serious money on blades. Meanwhile, my electric razor and disposable cartridges have collected dust!!

congrats!! was there a special shave for your 3 year mark?

A celebration without the Banjo Cat is not a celebration ...

proxy.php

Congrats! :thumbsup:

Way to go! What setup did you decide on?

Way to go! What setup did you decide on?

My setup hasn't changed much since I started.

Edwin Jagger DE89, Tweezerman brush, and Astra SP blades (after using Derbys for a few months and then going thru a sampler pack).
Choice of creams has been a little more varied...TOBS Avocado, Lemon/Lime; Proraso Green, Red, Blue creams, White croap; a T/H sampler. I'm probably going to buy some more TOBS for the winter; leaning toward Sandalwood and Shave Shop.

No ADs as of yet, although like I've said, I'm tempted to stockpile creams. So many to use, only a lifetime of shaving...

Congrats! Unfortunately, I'm coming up for my three years and I definitely haven't saved any money! I'm very impressed that you have managed to.

Congrats! Unfortunately, I'm coming up for my three years and I definitely haven't saved any money! I'm very impressed that you have managed to.
+1
Am not sure exactly when I took the leap, maybe because it was more of a transition than a leap. I was not a frequent shaver (trimmer twice a week and occasional shaver) so I am sure I have not saved money at all. On the other hand I do know my skin is way happier and looks healthier, plus I am enjoying shaves, trying different products & approaches, experimenting and this community.

Top Bottom