What's new

I received a new tub of TOBS in the mail today.

This will be my first tub of premium shave soap since moving to wet shaving (one month!)

So I ordered TOBS St Jermyn due to it's pretty great value and the fact that I think I will prefer creams to soaps (I've been using VDH so far and samples from Wet Shave Club)

I opened the package from Amazon to find the tub partially unscrewed. The cream looks dried and cracked. I am going to post pictures below, but is this stuff supposed to look like this? I feel I am getting a lot less than I should be. Or I may just be overreacting.

proxy.php

Looks so good from the outside

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

The top

I agree that it doesn't look right. I would exchange it. Since you got it from Amazon you won't be responsible for return shipping.

Last edited:
I'll take it off your hands ;). However I am sure if you add a little bit of water ( like maybe a spoonful) and stir it should return to normal in minutes.

They go by weight, so the containers sometimes look not full. The cracks may be from shipping; I think it's alright. Stiil, if you're not happy, return it.

i just got some 1805 cream yesterday, i had concerns on it too, you may have seen my thread, i have a picture of my cream jar on it as well. im pretty much new to this, but that cream just doesnt look, well creamy at all. my 1805 looks very good, nice and creamy, but i was just curious about a void that was in it. i do think if you could send amazon some pictures they would send you another one. but, like i said, im not sure if thats the way its supposed to look, but i would expect it looking alot fluffier and and nice and creamy. that could be an older tub.

Give it a stir, and if it still seems too dry, gradually add a little water (preferably distilled or deionized) and keep stirring. My best guess is that it's been on the shelf for too long or possibly stored under less than optimal conditions.

I received a tub of TOBS avocado that had the opposite problem, it was too moist and runny; in that case the USA based reseller credited my account. Don't bother contacting Taylor as I did because they'll just blame the vendor. However, to their credit, they responded promptly.

I actually prefer it more dried out if the fragrance has not been compromised as it behaves more like a croap and I can load easier in the bowl.

Top Bottom