What's new

Your first soap or cream repurchase.

Still on my first soap.. Just wanted to say thanks for the post.. On my next buy I may try one of these repeats!

Williams soap back in too many years ago was my favorite. Wish i could find it, don't even know if they still make it.

Williams soap back in too many years ago was my favorite. Wish i could find it, don't even know if they still make it.
you may get lucky and find some nos williams soaps for sale. ive seen them quite often actually. they do still make the williams soap, but i think people prefer the vintage over the new williams

TOBS Jermyn Street, I bought it as my first cream because in one review a guy said it smells absolutely incredible, and yes the guy was right. Great soap. But later I fell in love with Proraso.

Tabac.

I got to the point where I could see light through the center of the bowl when I held it up to the window and I panicked. I ordered a refill puck the next day.

When I first started using a brush and soap the drug stores had Colgate, Palmolive and Williams. As I recall, I tried them all and liked Colgate Cup Soap best, so I used that until it was discontinued.

I have so many different soaps and creams in my shave den that its tough to get to the bottom of any particular product.

The first product I had to re-buy was C.O. Bigelow's Proraso cream. It was my first "real" shaving cream, and way back at the beginning, I didn't have anything else. So when that first tube ran dry after 2 months or so, I didn't have to think twice about replacing it immediately.

The second re-buy was a puck of Tabac, but that one took me about 3 years to run out. I'm now down to the bottom of my second puck, too.

I've also replaced Musgo Real cream and Spieck, both cream and stick.

But for the most part, I'm still using my original purchases of everything else, which is more brands than I can easily count.

Like a lot of Newbies I was excited to keep buying new products to experience as much as I could, so it wasn't until after a full year of wetshaving that I finally bought another puck of soap for the second time...

Valobra puck! Superb soap

VDH luxury. It's what I learned on this summer. I have been through 4 pucks now and still keep it on hand.

I have tried a few others, mostly Proraso and will probably buy more Proraso white when I run out. Just started using Haslinger and it is a definite keeper on the repeat-purchase list.

Wet Shaving Products Mahogany. Tried it once and ended up buying two more tins before the price goes up on November 1st. I can't huff the smell of that Mahogany soap enough. :blink:

VDH luxury. It's what I learned on this summer. I have been through 4 pucks now and still keep it on hand.

You only learned this summer and you already have gone through 4 actual "pucks" of soap? Exactly how many times a day do you shave?

I've been using a single puck of Arko for just under 2 months straight now and I've still got a good 80% of it left after daily use with 3-4 pass shaves. Since I've gotten it there's only been about 6 days including today I haven't touched it.

Poraso in its American outfit AKA C.O. Bieglow cream!

My second will likely be Arko...never thought I'd say that!

So far my only repurchase options are Proraso White and Arko. Soon to be Cella as well.
I'll certainly be getting more Arko in future to smash into my "likely empty in 5 months or less" Arko puck container at some point.

I'm still months away from having to refill anything for the first time, even if I manage not to buy anything new. I know I'll be buying more Mike's in the future, although not the same scent. If I continue rotating, I can see it being about a year before I actually finish something, at least.
It's not a soap or cream, but the one product I know I'll be buying more of is Osage rub. Liquid alcohol/menthol? Yes please.

Top Bottom