What's new

Your first soap or cream repurchase.

You only learned this summer and you already have gone through 4 actual "pucks" of soap? Exactly how many times a day do you shave?

I've been using a single puck of Arko for just under 2 months straight now and I've still got a good 80% of it left after daily use with 3-4 pass shaves. Since I've gotten it there's only been about 6 days including today I haven't touched it.

I wasn't very good at lathering in the beginning and practiced a lot. My first puck didn't even last a month. Then I started lathering directly on the puck in my mug but I still wasn't very good at it so my second puck didn't last very long either. During the third puck I got a lot better and my brush was broken in so it worked better, but that didn't last that long either. Last puck lasted awhile, 2 months~ish.

I started in early May so it has been close to 6 months now. VDH was the only soap I had until the end of August, and even then was still my primary choice.

Last edited:
I wasn't very good at lathering in the beginning and practiced a lot. My it's puck didn't even last a month. Then I started lathering directly on the puck in my mug but I still wasn't very good at it. My second puck didn't last very long either. During the third puck I got a lot better and brush was broken in so it worked better, but that didn't last that long either. Last puck lasted awhile, 2 months~ish.

That particular soap must be pretty hard to get a good lather out of is it? Was it worth it for just that soap or have you yet to try enough different products to weigh it enough to truly appreciate it?

I could echo what other people have said about Arko about it being so stick and great but really with me only being able to compare it to cheapo canned goo and Proraso White I wouldn't be able to say much beyond that "It's worked great for me so far."

That particular soap must be pretty hard to get a good lather out of is it? Was it worth it for just that soap or have you yet to try enough different products to weigh it enough to truly appreciate it?

I could echo what other people have said about Arko about it being so stick and great but really with me only being able to compare it to cheapo canned goo and Proraso White I wouldn't be able to say much beyond that "It's worked great for me so far."

It's not a difficult soap. I was just really bad a lathering. Even when I had "figured it out" I was still making bad lathers, they just went from foamy to really heavy, thick lathers.

It's a good soap and I get great shaves with it, love the scent, and the post shave feel is great.

Edited to add...I am a lot better with it now and have been for awhile.

Last edited:
It's not a difficult soap. I was just really bad a lathering. Even when I had "figured it out" I was still making bad lathers, they just went from foamy to really heavy, thick lathers.

It's a good soap and I get great shaves with it, love the scent, and the post shave feel is great.

Edited to add...I am a lot better with it now and have been for awhile.

I guess i was one of the lucky one's when I started as I was probably averagely skilled from the start. It's all still a learning experience though. I don't think you'll ever stop.

I bought my 2nd stick of Arko at the same time as my first, so I guess that doesn't count. It would be Williams. My first puck cost me a buck 87 at CVS. I saw it at Wegmans for $1.09, I bought 3 more pucks.

Stropp Shop I have repurchased a few times. Catie's Bubbles LPV is another one I will repurchase...after I clean the den out a bit.

Top Bottom